Chapter 9 - Hospital

I felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness, and I couldn't do anything about it. Every time I became conscious, I heard snips of conversations, but I didn't stay awake long enough to know what they were saying, and who was saying it.

I felt myself waking up again, and I hoped that I would actually stay awake this time. I heard the beeping of the heart monitor, and I instantly knew where I was.

I was about to open my eyes, when I felt a searing pain go through my head. I stifled a groan and I brought my hand up to my head, trying to ease the pain even though I knew it wasn't going to work.

I opened my eyes and I closed them back immediately. Why does the light have to be so bright? I tried opening them again, and I succeeded this time. I blinked a couple of times and I could finally see clearly. I looked around and the first person I saw, was Kyle and Peter sitting next to my bed.

Peter was looking at the floor and he had lines on his forehead. Kyle, who was next to him, had his head in his hands and his shoulders were shaking slightly. I looked to the other side, and my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets when I saw who was sitting there.

Natalie was there along with Aiden, Brian, Jacob and Melissa. Melissa and Natalie were holding on to each other while crying their hearts out, and Aiden, Jacob, and Brian were all just sitting there looking at the floor with hard eyes. Aiden's eyes were tinged with red, and Jacob's bright smile was off of his face. Brian's hair looked messy and disorientated and he had big bags under his eyes.

All in all, they looked horrible.

"Guys." I rasped out. "Water."

All of their heads snapped up to mine and Natalie came and hugged me tightly. "Oh my gosh Hannah! What the hell were you thinking going after the Slayers?" I tried to answer her, but I couldn't. My throat was dry and she was pressing down on my wound.

I moaned in pain and I tried to get her off of me, but I couldn't. Brian sensed my pain, so he rushed over and picked her up from on top of me, and he dragged her away.

I let out a sigh of relief and I started to breath normally again. I pointed to my throat again so they can get me some water, but everyone just stood there looking at me like I was a retard.

I pointed again at my throat, and Jacob suddenly jumped out of his seat with an excited grin on his face. "Ooh! We're playing charades! Okay, okay. I'll start first!"

He looked at me intently trying to figure out what I was implying, but I stopped pointing at my throat to give him and incredulous look. I gave up and looked around the room hoping to find water. I almost rejoiced when I found water on the bedside table.

I reached over and took big gulps of water to quench my thirst. I sighed in relief and looked around to see everyone looking at me. Jacob suddenly snapped his fingers and said, "Oh I get it! You were thirsty! Well why didn't you just say so?"

I reached over to where he was and hit him in the back of his head. "I couldn't speak you dimwit! If I could, then I would!"

I looked over at Natalie and my friends and I got confused. "Why are you guys here? I thought you were mad at me Natalie."

Natalie looked at me with guilt in her eyes and she came forward. "I was never mad. I was just sad that you didn't tell me right when it happened. I tried to talk to you about it a few days ago, but all I got was a note saying that you went after The Slayers. Why would you do that? Why didn't you at least say good bye?"

"Wait a minute. A few days ago? How long was I out?"

"About three or four days." Aiden said. I nodded in understanding and went back to Natalie's previous question. "Well I didn't say good bye because you made it pretty clear that you didn't want to talk to me. And the reason I did that was because I thought I could take him down. We found out where they were, so we went after them.