Chapter 16 - Just a Little Friendly Game of Twister

"You're cheating!"

"How in the world am I cheating? My left hand is on the blue like it's supposed to be! You're the one who's cheating because your left hand is on red! Not blue!"

"Are you colorblind!? This is blue, not red! Stop accusing me of cheating when I'm not!"

"I'm not accusing! I'm only speaking the truth! The only reason you're denying it is becuase you know it's true!"

"I'm not denying anything!"

"Yes you are!"

"What makes you think I am?

"Well maybe it's because-"

"Noah, will you just listen to the pretty girl and admit that you're cheating? Jeez."

We both collapsed into a giant heap on the floor and I whirled my head in the direction that the voice came from.

There stood Emilie, with her hands on her hips, giving her older brother a vicious scowl.

Let me just tell you, it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

"Yeah. You see Noah." I said smugly while getting up and dusting off the non-existing dust from my pants. "You're sister is right. You're a cheater."

Noah scoffed while looking at me incredulously. "I am not a cheater!" He turned to Emilie. "Come on! You know I didn't cheat!"

She shrugged. "Well I dunno. It looked like you were cheating from where I was standing." She reached in her pocket, grabbed a candy bar, and started munching on it.

"Are you serious?" he asked, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"Very." She smiled sweetly at Noah and she smiled largely at me, showing her missing tooth before heading up the stairs.

I look back at Noah with a big smile on my face. "I like your sister."

He snorted and muttered, "Of course."

I bent down and picked up the game of Twister and started to put it away when my agent phone rang. I muttered a string of curses and dropped the game to the floor. I instantly dived for the phone and hit my head on the couch in the process.

"Oww..." I moaned before answering the phone. "Hello?" I groaned into the phone.

"Hannah?" I heard Peter ask from the other side of the line. "Um, is this a bad time?"

"Huh?" I asked, still in a slight daze. "No, no right now's not a bad time. Why would you ask?"

"Well... You don't have company over right now?"

"No... I'm at someone else's house." I answered him, still slightly confused as to where he was going with all these questions.

"Where are you?" Peter asked again, gulping a bit.

"I already told you. I'm at someone's house."

Man, why was Peter asking me these questions? And why was he asking me on the agent phone? The agent phone is only for agent stuff. He could've called me on my regular phone, even if I still don't know why he's asking all these questions.

"No, I mean like what room are you in at that person's house?" Peter asked.

"Uh, the living room..." I said slowly, a little breathless from running to the phone and diving to it like I was diving into a swimming pool. "Why?"