Chapter 27 - Taken By Surprise

"I can't believe we have to leave already!" Melissa wailed, throwing a shirt into her suitcase. "I love this place! We really need to come here again some other time." I nodded, agreeing with her. I tried not to talk because if I did, then I would stop packing and lose focus, but I can't do that. We're leaving in an hour, and I barely started packing.

"Ugh, I'm finally done." Natalie sighed out, collapsing onto her bed. Natalie, unlike me, started packing before me. I ran over to my drawers and continued packing, ignoring Melissa and Natalie's chatter. AS I was putting the last of my shirts and was about to start on my pants, a hand went in front of my face and started snapping at me.

I snapped out of my trance and faced them. "We're going to the kitchen to find something to eat. Do you want to join us?" Natalie asked. I shook my head. "No, I need to finish in order for us to make our flight. But you guys can go on ahead, I'll meet you there." They nodded and made their way out of the room and down the hallway.

I sighed and continued packing. A few more minutes passed by and I found myself constantly looking at the clock, hoping that it wouldn't be time to leave yet.

Ten more minutes later, and I was done. I sighed in relief and flopped onto the bed in exhaustion. Who knew that packing could be that tiring? I rolled onto my side and checked the time again to see that we would have to leave in ten minutes in order to make our flight. I groaned but got up anyway. I was gathering my luggage together when the door to my room opened.

"Yeah?" I asked without turning to see who was there. "Hey, we're getting ready to leave. Are you almost done?"

At the sound of his voice, I turned around and tried to suppress a sigh of satisfaction. He looked absolutely amazing. He had low cut jeans and a light blue shirt which clung to his muscles, sending my hormones crazy.

What the hell?

I snapped out of it and nodded. "Yeah, I'm just getting them together. I was actually about to head downstairs right now." I said. He nodded over to my stuff. "Need help with that?" I shook my head. "No, I'm good." I started to walk past him but was stopped when I felt a tug at my suitcase. I turned my head back and saw Noah prying one of the suitcases out of my hands. When he saw my questioning stare, he smirked. "You really didn't think that I was going to actually let you go down the stairs with all of those suitcases, did you?" He asked, humor laced in his tone.

I shrugged and he laughed. "No, I wouldn't let you do that." He walked around me and went out the door. But before he was fully out of the door, he called out over his shoulder, "don't be late." I rolled my eyes and followed him out the door, closing the door behind me. As I walked into the living room, I saw everyone standing there without their stuff, talking. I raised an eyebrow. "Where are your things?"

At the sound of my voice, everyone stopped talking and looked at me. "Oh, we all put our things away a long time ago. I guess you were still packing." I nodded and left the hotel room to put the rest of my luggage in the car.

I entered the elevator and silently thanked God that there was no one in there. I pressed the ground floor and waited, listening to the elevator music on the way down. The elevator was passing the second floor when it stopped. The door opened and I saw an older guy get in.

He had greasy, oily hair and he looked at me with a seductive smile. "Hey there." I blocked my nose when the stench hit me. He was certainly drinking. I turned away and coughed discreetly. I decided to ignore him and faced the front, wishing for the elevator to hurry down.

His smell was filling the elevator rapidly, and let me tell you, it was not a pretty smell. I held my breath, and by the time the elevator doors opened, I zoomed out of there, but not without taking my things. I didn't look back the whole time I was leaving. I could hear his raspy chuckle from a far way behind me, and I shuddered in disgust.