Chapter 38 - The End.

I was pacing back and forth in the hospital, awaiting the news about Natalie.

I can't believe I shot her. I can't believe I shot my best friend.

"Hannah. You need to calm down. Sit down and stop pacing, you're making me nervous."

I turned and glared at Aiden who was sitting in the chair with a nonchalant expression. "Well easy for you to say. You're always chill about everything. There are actually people like me who worry about things and that actually have emotion. You're literally acting like Kristen Stewart."

He scoffed but let a small smile slip on his face. "Nah, if you haven't noticed, I'm anything but a girl." He said gesturing down to his crotch. I rolled my eyes but smirked. "Well, a few hours ago when you were crying over The Notebook says otherwise."

His small smile turned into a glare and he turned away from me. "Whatever, keep on pacing. See if I care."

And so I did just that.

I continued to pace back and forth, thoughts overtaking my mind again and I couldn't shake them away.

I have no idea where I hit her, but I know that I hit something major from the amount of blood that was pouring out of her arm.

"Hannah." I heard a small voice call from behind me.

I whipped around and saw Brian looking at me with a vulnerable stare. "Do you think that Natalie will be okay? I mean, 'cause there was a lot of blood."

My heart literally melted at the sight of him. There he was, almost in tears for fear that Natalie wasn't okay. I walked over to him and sat down in the seat next to him. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him in a hug. "Don't worry Brian. It'll be okay. She'll be okay. I promise."

But strangely, it seemed like I wouldn't be able to keep that promise.

***

"Hannah. Hannah honey. You need to wake up."

I stirred in my sleep and fluttered my eyes open. I cringed from the brightness of the lights and closed them again so that I could prepare myself to brace the brightness.

I never liked the brightness of hospital lights.

I finally got them opened and I looked around until my eyes landed on Brenda and Paul. I smiled and went to sit up, but immediately stopped when I felt a pull on my back.

Ugh, these hospital chairs are so uncomfortable.

I stood up and stretched out my muscles which were messed up due to my messed up sleeping position.

"Sorry. The hospital chairs are so uncomfortable." I explained with a sheepish smile. Brenda smiled at me, but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Don't worry, it's okay. We understand."

She sat down in a chair and Paul sat next to her. I was going to sit down also, but when I went to sit, the pain in my back reminded me that I should remain standing.

"Well then, looks like I won't be sitting down for a while." I muttered to myself.

I walked over to where Jacob and Melissa were sitting. She was curled up on his lap, fast asleep, and his arms were around her, almost protectively. He kissed her head and ran his fingers through her hair.

I stopped walking in their direction and I turned around. I really don't want to ruin that moment. It really is sweet and he really seems so overprotective of her now that this has happened to Natalie.