Chapter 32 - Forgetting Him

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable position, but it seemed like I couldn't find any position that I could be comfortable in. No matter how many times I yawned, my eyes would stay open. I tried closing my eyes several times, but they would just pop right open.

I shut my eyes closed when I heard the door to my room open and I pretended that I was asleep when in reality, I wasn't. Whoever it was closed the door and sat on my bed. "Hannah?" They called. By the sound of the voice, it sounded like it was Natalie. "Hannah, are you still asleep?"

She started to shake me and I kept my eyes shut, hoping she would get the hint and leave me alone. "You know I can see you forcing your eyes shut right?" I was tempted to roll my eyes, but I held it back and pretended like I didn't hear anything. "Oh come on Hannah. It'll be alright. You just have to give Noah some time okay?"

I gave up on pretending I was asleep and I turned onto my side. I heard her sigh and she kept shaking me. "Hannah, he'll come around. Please don't tell me that you were planning on staying in bed all day?"

Damn, she caught me.

She groaned and started to shake me harder. "Hannah, if you don't get out of this bed right now, you will regret it."

I wanted to scoff and tell her to shove it up her ass, but then I remembered the tub full of ice incident and me fainting from the coldness of it. I shuddered and immediately shot up out of the bed. "I'm up, I'm up!" I exclaimed, scrambling to my drawers to get some clothes. I heard Natalie's chuckle from behind me and I heard her sigh. "Man, the tub full of ice incident was a hit." She muttered and left the room.

I glared at her retreating figure and rolled my eyes. Well, since I'm out of bed, I might as well do something. I went into the bathroom and undressed myself while brushing my teeth. Whoever says no one can multitask, they are wrong. I obviously can.

I spit out the toothpaste in my mouth and I rinsed my mouth with mouthwash, leaving my mouth with a minty fresh scent. I smiled at myself in the mirror and was happy to see that my teeth were still pearly white. I turned the knob for the shower and hopped in.

I lathered my hands with shampoo and I ran it through my hair singing a song. Natalie was right. I shouldn't mope around all day because of what happened with Noah. I should just keep going on with my life. Noah will come back eventually.

I repeated that in my head over and over again until I believed it. After I finished rinsing my body off, I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my head, and around my body. I stepped out, making sure to take careful steps so that I wouldn't slip and fall, and I went back into my room to change into my clothes.

I pulled on some jean shorts and a white tank top. I plugged my straightener in and while I was letting it heat up, I started to apply some makeup. I brushed the eyeliner over my eyelashes and I studied them when I was finished. Then I opened the eyeliner and applied some to my eyelids. I ran them over carefully and when I was done, I leaned back and inspected my work.

I looked good.

I picked up my straightener and I started to run it through my hair, being careful not to burn myself. I slid it through my hair all the way to my tips, and when I was finished, I pulled it up into a messy high ponytail.

I slipped on my white converse and I grabbed my purse and I stuffed my phone and things in there. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, and I started to head out. I left my room and I headed down the stairs and almost ran into the kitchen.