chapter 6

Day 3: Wednesday.

When Finn woke up he was alone in the room. He checked the bathroom to see if Rachel was there but she wasn't. Finn frowned a little wondering where she could be and why she would go downstairs without waking him up.

Last night they had been up for hours texting and talking. They had some banter and flirted a little but nothing had happened. Eventually they both fell asleep with their phones clung tightly in their hands.

Finn put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt and walked downstairs. He opened the living room door but there was no one in there. Where had everyone gone? Finn walked to the kitchen and saw everyone crowded around the table.

"There you are you sleepy head!" Carole shouted over to him from the stove where she was making breakfast.

"Hey honey, did you sleep well?" He heard Rachel's sweet voice before he saw her walking towards him.

"Uh... Yeah, did you?" Finn watched her come closer. He would be lying if he said he wasn't confused why she was coming towards him.

She nodded a little and when she got to him she stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek. He smiled at the feeling and as she was about to walk back to the table he took her hand to stop her. He pulled her into a big hug, wrapping his long arms around her tiny body.

They stayed like that for a few moments before Finn bent down to kiss her forehead. It was Rachel's turn to smile at the feeling and she pulled Finn to the table with her.

He took a seat next to Rachel at the table and put his arm on the back of her chair. Rachel put her hand on Finn's thigh near his knee and smiled up and him. She felt content at this moment, sat next to an amazing guy with some amazing new friends; it felt right.

"Did you guys sleep well?" Kitty asked Finn and Rachel with a smile.

"Yeah we slept great." Finn smiled down at Rachel who nodded in agreement.

"Lucky you." Artie said with a detectable hint of bitterness in his voice.

"Why, what's up?" Finn asked.

"Well, you're lucky your room isn't next to Kurt and Blaine's room. Let's just say they aren't the quietest lovers." Artie explained as he glared as a very red Kurt and Blaine.

Everyone in the room giggled and Kurt and Blaine got more and more red until you could mistake them for tomatoes. Kurt shot looked more embarrased than he ever had and Blaine shot Artie a bitter look.

"I'm surprised I haven't heard you two at it like animals." Artie turned the conversation back to Finn and Rachel when the laughter had calmed down. Finn shuffled uncomfortably and Rachel went a little red and looked down.

"Well we" Finn cleared his throat "We try to keep it down when we're with the family."

"Oh please Finn." Santana joined the conversation after being quite quiet so far in the holiday. "You are incapable of being quiet. When we slept together you couldn't stop screaming my name and when I lived with Quinn and you was dating her, everynight I couldn't even hear myself think."

It was Finn and Quinn's turn to go red as they both gave each other an awkward glance before staring at the floor.

"So, what's with the celibacy Hudson?" Puck chirped up with a raised eye brow and all of the younger people in the room also waited for an answer. Burt and Carole both busied themselves making breakfast and pretended that they couldn't hear what was going on.

"W-W-Well, we just haven't got around to doing anything." Finn said awkwardly looking around the room and not looking anyone in the room.

"Bullshit! I find it hard to believe that you haven't found time to bump uglies since we've been here. Me and Brit have had a lot of Lady Lovin'" Santana shot back.