chapter 9

Day 5: Friday continued

Rachel stared at Finn in shock. Did he really just say that? She had been waiting for him to say that for days, but when the words actually came out of his mouth she began to doubt herself a lot.

Was he saying this just to keep up the act they had going on or was he serious? How could she tell? Why would a rich, handsome, sweet man that could get any girl choose her anyway?

She looked to Carole who was smiling at her and awaiting her answer, then she looked to Kurt who was also smiling and waiting. Then she looked to Finn who looked nervous and uncomfortable. She had to give her answer soon.

What if Finn was being serious though? They had been flirting recently and she thought that there was a chance he could like her. But had she just made that up in her head? It seemed like a possibility, just like in High School when she persuaded herself that her glee club teacher liked her.

Rachel realised that she had been silent for quite sometime and Carole and Kurt also looked nervous now. Not as nervous as Finn but nervous none-the-less. She looked into Finn's eyes and they showed no sign he was lying so she decided to take a leap of faith.

"You want to be my..." Rachel's words came out quiet, slow and with skepticism in her voice.

"Boyfriend." Finn finished for her. "I want to be able to call you my girlfriend without it being a lie; I want to call you mine."

"How do I know you're not just saying this so you can persuade your mom that we're dating again?" Rachel asked. She had to ask that question.

"You can't. You just have to trust me when I tell you that I really like you Rachel. And I believe that you like me too." Finn took a step towards her and took her hand. "Rachel, will you be my girlfriend."

Rachel looked at everyone else in the room, all nervous to hear her answer. She looked at her hand Finn's hands. They fit together perfectly; they looked and felt right together. Finn looked honest when he said this. Rachel's mind was made up.

"Yes." She said quietly as if she couldn't believe it was happening.

"Yes?" Finn asked with a smile slowly growing on his face.

"Yes!" Rachel said louder this time. She jumped up to Finn and wrapped her arms around his neck, Finn wrapped his arms around her waist with a giant smile on his face.

"I told you you two love each other." Kurt said with a smirk in his voice. Carole clapped her hand together.

"You two are so cute." Carole smiled with small tears forming in her eyes.

"We really are." Rachel nodded with agreement and pulled away from Finn.

"Rachel's my girlfriend!" Finn said and everyone looked at him with an amused smile. "I like the way it feels to say that when it's the truth."

Rachel grabbed Finn's head and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Kurt and Carole's smiles grew as they kissed.

"I like the way it feels to do that for real!" Rachel smiled when she pulled away. Both of them were smiling like crazy people but they didn't care. They were together for real and they couldn't be happier.