chapter 11

Sunday

Finn glanced around the garden happily. It was a lovely cool morning in Florida and he was happy to be a part of it. He looked at his girlfriend Rachel Berry. Girlfriend. It was still so weird to say yet it felt so right.

Anyway, he looked over to his girlfriend who was busy playing a game of Monopoly with his family. The cool, gentle breeze blew strands of her soft, dark brown hair backwards. The sun was peaking above the trees behind her and helped make it a picturesque view. The air was filled with the sound of Rachel's laugh which was Finn's new favourite sound.

Finn smiled to himself. He was so lucky to have such an amazing, beautiful girl as his own. Quinn, who was sat next to Finn, noticed the smile playing on his lips and she couldn't help but feel a little jealous at their seemingly perfect relationship. Even if it was new they acted like they were totally in love.

"You two are the cutest." Quinn said with a smile at Finn.

"What do you mean?" Finn reluctantly removed his eyes from Rachel to talk to Quinn.

"You can't take your eyes off her." Quinn giggled a little when she noticed Finn still trying to get glances at Rachel.

"I know. I've never felt this way before. I never want to be away from her; I just want to hold her in my arms all the time and never let her go." Finn smiled as he said the words.

"There's a simpler way to put that you know." Quinn quirked an eyebrow suggestively.

"What?"

"You're in love with her." Quinn stated simply. Finn frowned at the thought but it did seem to make sense. It was just too quick though.

"I've barely been dating her for 2 days." Finn said skeptically.

"I know. But it's obvious; she loves you too you know."

"How do you know?" He asked.

"She stares at you all the time," Quinn started and even as she said it Rachel was looking at Finn. "when you are together you ignore everyone else in the world and it's like you only have eyes for each other."

"That doesn't mean we're in love." Finn told her.

"You keep telling yourself that." Quinn stood up and patted Finn's back as she walked past him.

Finn began to think over what Quinn had said. It surely felt like he was in love with her but it was all going so fast. Maybe it was just the excitement of the new relationship that he was confusing with love. Yes, that must be the answer.

As he looked over to Rachel she was already looking at him and she waved him over to her. He stood up and stood next to her. Rachel stood and let Finn sit in her chair and then sat on his lap.

"Is this English Monopoly?" Finn asked when he saw the board.

"Yeah, I got it on my trip to London Fashion Week." Kurt replied proudly.

"Look honey, I have hotels on Mayfair and Park Lane and 3 houses on Oxford Street and Picadilly." Rachel pointed to her pieces on the board.

"That's awesome." Finn replied as he cuddled Rachel. Her hair smelt like coconuts and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He could have stayed like that forever. Laughing at the things the woman he loved was whispering into his ear about his brother and her gaming tactics. There was no point in denying it; he loved Rachel.

~Later that day~

Rachel was laying down on a sun lounger watching Finn jumping into the pool in an attempt to splash Kurt. She giggled to herself as she watched them all playing and messing around. The though of going back to her life in New York actually made her sad but at least she had Finn now and Finn made her happier than anything else in her life.