chapter 19

Rachel was practicing some scales as she made herself a coffee. She felt a lot better after seeing Finn yesterday. The words he had told her seemed sincere which made her happy to think that he would love her. After all, she still loved him with all her heart, even after what he had done.

As Rachel stirred the liquid there was a knock on the door. She looked over before walking towards it. Who could that be? she thought to herself as she walked. Before opening the door, she looked through the peep hole. It was Finn.

Rachel felt a smile make it's way to her lips at the sight of him. She felt he would always have that affect on her. She reached for the door handle then stopped and looked down. She was wearing sweat pants and a old, worn out t-shirt. This wasn't exactly her best look. Finn knocked on the door again and Rachel panicked.

"Finn?" She called through the door.

"Yeah Rachel." Finn replied and she could tell there was confusion in his voice.

"How are you?" She asked then cringed at herself. Why was she making small talk through a door?

"Im... okay. Are you going to open the door?" He asked.

"I don't think so." Rachel drawled. She wanted to just bash her head against the door right there and then. He must think she was going insane.

"Why not?" There was now a hint of worry in his voice.

"Because I'm not ready." Rachel explained. Yep, he definitely thought she would be going insane.

"So?" He asked with many different expressions in his voice. Some worry, a lot of amusement but the most dominant was confusion.

"Well I don't look nice. I don't want you to see me like this."

"I bet you don't look bad." Finn said with amusement. "Come on, open up. I don't care what you look like."

Rachel thought for a minute. She could run and quickly put on some nicer clothes. No, she didn't have time for that. She would just have to open the door. She slowly and reluctantly opened the door with a sheepish smile on her face and allowed Finn to enter and walked into the living room.

I don't get it." Finn stated simply which caused Rachel to frown.

"You're going to need to be less vague. You don't get what exactly?"

"How you said you didn't want me to see you but you look absolutely stunning." Finn complimented her. Rachel felt her cheeks glow pink at his words.

"I'm not even ready yet." She said.

"I know but you're still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Finn pulled his signature half smile as Rachel blushed even more.

"Finn Hudson, you really know how to charm a girl." Rachel smiled and Finn chuckled in response.

"Anyway, I came here because I wanted to know whether you've made your decision... About us." Finn seemed nervous as he waited for her reply. Even though he tried to mask it, she could still hear the desperation in his voice.

"As a matter of fact I have." She replied as she tried not to give any hints to her decision. She waited a few more seconds for emphasis and to make Finn suffer a little longer. When she saw the desperation in his eyes she felt bad and said happily. "I've decided... To give you one more chance."

"Really?" Finn checked with hope in his voice.

"Really." Rachel confirmed.

She watched as Finn's smile grew wider and wider until he was grinning from ear to ear. He leaped up and wrapped his arms around Rachel's waist. He lifted her up and spun her around in a circle; Rachel squeeled happily as he did so.