chapter one [captive]

It was terribly and irrevocably cold. The grasp of the freezing air hurt my arms and legs, scratching it's way up to my dry throat. I couldn't open my eyes due to the pounding in my head that seemed to worsen with each passing second.

I tried desperately to huddle into myself to avoid the contact with stale air. The wooden boards creaked furiously as I tried to reposition myself, but I found that impossible. Splintery ropes and smooth wiring bound my arms and legs together, limiting my movement.

I lay on my side, wishing to fall back into a deep sleep.

There was no indicator of where I was currently located which scared me immensely. I only knew that I had to escape soon and find my way back home.

So far, those chances were looking pretty slim.

Forcing myself to open one eye, I was met with a sheer darkness that spread throughout the entire room. The pounding became a raging storm as I moved the center of my focus to each object in the room.

It was an attic, or what I had assumed to be one with storage everywhere. Pale moonlight splashed against the dark wood to create an illusion of shadows from the trees blocking its path.

Tall, dusty beams held up the structures and cast more dark shadows onto several book shelves.

The smell of cinnamon and faint orange blossoms wafted from the opened windows. Again, I struggled against the roping to desperately find an escape but the knotting only tightened against wrists and ankles.

A soft sound coming from downstairs made my blood run cold. Footsteps made their way up until resting outside of the door to the attic.

I closed my eyes and lay still, hoping that the person would merely see me asleep then exit the room.

The creaking door slowly opened, my heartbeat increasing with each quaking moment. My breath hitched into my throat as the figure approached my body.

They released a large sigh, walked over to the window and shut it quickly.

Shutting out my only escape route.

A large object was thrown in front of my backside as the person stood for a few seconds more.

I hoped they wouldn't see the slight trembling of my fingertips or kill me right where I lay.

Giving one last sigh, they crouched down beside me, resting their palm on my head.

They leaned in silently and took a slow sniff of my hair, running their fingers through it like Cheon-uk had done so many times.

'I know you're awake.' I tightened visibly as the scratchy voice spoke mere inches away from my ears. The rough fingertips moved from my hair to my face, running across my cheeks.

'It's time to get up, sleeping beauty.' He fisted my hair painfully and dragged me upright into a sitting position.

My eyes flew open as a yelp slipped from my mouth.

The hooded figure still crouched in front of me let out a slow chuckle before standing to his full height. His hands still clutched at my long hair.

'Eat.' With a slight kick, he shuffled the object that he had previously placed down in front of me. The sickening slosh of an unidentified substance made me feel queasy almost immediately.

'My hands...' The dryness of my throat made it nearly impossible for me to get the entire phrase out. I swallowed down the saliva that threatened to come out as vomit.

'I said, eat.' The moment he had spit out the venomous words, he gave a sharp kick to the bowl that sent the particles inside flying upwards.

Pieces of the disgusting chopped jelly-like solid littered the flooring and my maroon hoodie.

He leaned in impossibly closer, pulling back my hair to expose my neck.

'Sweetheart.' His low voice sent a shiver down my spine.

'This is the only thing you may have for the next two days. I suggest you swallow down your pride and stop acting like a little child.'

He tossed me aside afterwards, slowly got up and walked back towards the exit of the door.

A small whine built up in the back of my throat was released as soon as he had exited.

This world was not one I had come to know.

-
well well wheel eheelnaksmansks
someone send us some acne care pls :((((
-danny and elise