chapter twenty one [bandage]

narrative pov

-

The young man lulled her to sleep with every song he knew, until his voice grew hoarse and he became tired himself. One emerald eye glimmered out of fondness for the girl who had evidently fallen victim to unrequited love.

He burrowed his face into her towel, closing his eyes and feeling her warmth radiate from her body. There was an inkling of doubt that perhaps coming too close to this girl would be detrimental for the both of them and all hope would be lost.

The distance between them closed even more so as the thought of losing her was prevalent in his mind. The look of pure terror on her face as he had walked in on the scene, Jungkook hunched over on the ground as she softly reached out for him.

Though it was her that had been severely injured.

He tried to comprehend how this had come to be and why she was still so hung up on protecting him at all costs.

But then he had understood that she was extremely scared of him and his capability to harm her whenever he pleased. She twitched slightly in her slumber, mumbling words out that had seemed incoherent until she let out another cough.

And a sneeze followed.

Taehyung placed his hand over her forehead and drew back immediately at the intense heat.

'Nari.' The concern in his voice was enough to snap her out of the slight daze she was comfortably settling into.

Confused, she stared up and the heat on her face only grew as she realized how close he had been to her. Though her chest still felt congested and her throat burned, she didn't want him to fret over it.

'Why didn't you tell me you were sick?'

She swallowed thickly in guilt.

'I was going to, but...' her voice trailed off into stutters. He gripped her cheeks in one hand as to stop her from speaking any more. A few minutes passed as they gazed into each other's eyes, his thoughts lost off in another world while hers raced at incredible speeds.

And together, they remained completely silent.

'Taehyung,' she breathed airily as to forget the high fever coursing through her entire body. Her hands began to feel clammy, much more so than when she was with Yoongi but comparing the too was not the same.

His hand squeezing her cheeks in remained firm.

'Why do I feel so guilty?'

His lips brushed to the tip of her nose before placing a tiny kiss under her left eye. The feeling lingered longer than she had anticipated and it made her feel safe and content.

'It's because he has told you one too many lies. Your hands are trembling when they're with me, and I take it as you are afraid.'

He was right, she could feel her own hands but his reasoning had been incorrect.

'I cannot fear something as beautiful as you,' she hummed, skimming her fingers on the bit of exposed flesh from the ruffled shirt he wore.

-

-danny&elise