chapter twenty nine [divide]

narrative pov

-

When the pair returned to the house, a little after noon, the heat was beginning to roll in. All windows were opened to air out the space in each room, curtains flowing slightly from the breeze. He sat, reading a large newspaper. A pen twirled absentmindedly between his fingers while his eyes lazily skimmed through the words of the article.

More crime, murders, robberies, the likes; everything seemed to be happening in a span of a few days.

Right as he was about to turn the page, the front door opened as the girl walked in silently, eyes meeting his before she walked down the hall.

It was unusual how she had not reacted the way he wanted her to, but he sighed out once he realized it would all come in good time.

Not more than 5 minutes passed by when the phone rang on the counter nearest to him.

He curiously picked up the phone and the voice on the other line spoke before he could utter a word.

'The girl,' it rasped, 'she's still with you.'

Without hesitation, Taehyung replied back.

'I thought you'd lost interest, it's been a while Cheon-uk.'

'Don't deny what happened to Yoongi, and if the girl doesn't return back to me within a week, I'm coming for you as well.'

He scoffed and his gaze caught onto a pair of legs that stuck out from the hallway.

She had been listening to him talk the entire time.

'Good luck with that,' Taehyung replied softly before placing the phone back onto the receiver. He turned his head as to look at her while she slowly revealed herself from behind the wall.

And she looked absolutely mortified.

'Taehyung, what's going on? Who were you speaking to on the phone?'

Instead of answering her right away, he merely stretched out an arm for her to take hold of, in which she had but very carefully and uncertainly.

He sat her upon his lap, the two mismatched eyes gazing into her own.

'It's nothing for you to worry about,' he reassured her, clearing the hair away from her face with his fingers.

'Am I in danger?' She asked.

He was silent before shaking his head.

'Not if I can help it.'
-

-danny&elise