chapter fourteen [vulpine]

It was the worst of throbbing's, persistent and painful. My hands sluggishly rose to the side of my head that couldn't seem to remember anything except for the migraine. I shifted, groaning and pushing my head deeper into the sheets to block out the bright lights. 

My senses slowly began to flood back, filling the haze with substance enough to make me think logically. The plush mattress underneath my body was stained with drops of crimson blood. 

I eyed my clothing lethargically, noting that the clothes I had been wearing the way before was lying near the bed in a messy manner. 

Heat rose to my cheeks as I realized my body was completely bare. A large bottle of opened alcohol was situated near the alarm clock on the bedside table.

No one else was in the room.

Bundling into myself further would not rid of the memories that suddenly hit me from the night before. However much I thought on it, I couldn't seem to match faces to people. Who had been in here the night before?

What exactly happened?

The thoughts coursing through my head made me feel dizzy once more. I only wished to rest this feeling off, hoping that when I woke it would all disappear. My heavy eyes shut on their own, but I could not will myself to sleep again.

I was awake for several more minutes, feeling the sore take over my legs and torso in an uncomfortable manner. The light was making me feel slightly nauseas.

Sounds coming from outside roused me slightly, but not enough to bring me out of my lying position. They appeared to be getting closer until the voices were right outside of my room. 

My eyes flashed to the clock.

12:28 p.m. 

The doorknob twisted a bit before turning completely and revealing the figure outside. I shut my eyes once more. Footsteps came closer until they were right next to the bed and sitting in the chair nearby. Creaks from the floor made me jolt.

The man laughed a little, seeing through my antics. He placed something on the bedside table.

'Awake?' His groggy voice symbolized that he had not woken much earlier than myself. Out of fear, I kept my eyes shut.

'Nari, it's not polite to ignore someone who's speaking to you, I suggest you wake up and clean yourself off.' 

I could not recognize this deep, raspy voice of spoke of my name so familiarly. Unhurriedly, I lifted my eyelids and scrambled to cover myself in shock. He laughed again.

This young man who's hair was dark at the roots but blonde beneath seemed to find this very amusing. He wore a bomber jacket over a gray hoodie, clad in jet black skinnies. The look in his gaze was very unforgiving; it was almost too cold. 

There was a tattoo of a dotted line crawling up the side of his neck, stopping short of his jawline.   Circles ran deep from under his almond shaped eyes, both a light caramel color. The shape of his nose was perfect, but a slash across the bridge was the most noticeable. 

He tilted his head to the side with a tiny smirk playing on the corner of his lips.

'Much better.'

My lips parted to speak, curiosity taking full control.

'How do you know my name? Who are you?' The end wavered as I cowered back from him, shuffling further to the other side of the bed.

A few moments passed by in silence before he spoke again. All the while, his eyes would not leave my own.

'You don't know?'

He leaned in closer to me, squinting his eyes condescendingly. 'Your boyfriend's been fucking my sister,' he snickered in response.

I vaguely remembered the name of the individual mentioned the night before. This was the man that had supposedly been too busy at a club the night before.

The name was still unclear to me.

'Yoongi. Min Yoongi. I thought it'd be nice to meet you while I came for my sister. She got pretty smashed last night, and I'm assuming you did too.' Gesturing to my unclothed state, I was left in shock.

'Don't worry, Taehyung probably doesn't remember a thing, but I would be pretty careful with Cheon-uk. Never know what kinds of nasty rumors he'll spread around.' 

'Are they all out there?' I wasn't exactly sure for why I felt the most comfortable talking to Yoongi about this, especially within 10 minutes of meeting him.

'Jungkook is waiting for you. I'll give you time to dress.' Standing, he looked back over his shoulder to add, 'By the way, call me Min. That's what everyone addresses me by.' With another teasing smile, he was out and closed the door behind him.

Quickly, I got off the bed and threw on my old clothes from the night before that smelt strange. Shaking the thought off, I shakily took steps towards the door. As I opened it, laughter and clinking glasses were heard from the direction of the main living room, filling the hallways with sound.

My feet carried me out and towards the end of the hallway while I tried to remain hidden for as long as I could. Everyone, excluding the two men who came with Ke-rin and Jungkook, were sitting around the table with a cigarette in hand. 

The smoggy atmosphere returned again, making the temperature rise. I turned to walk back further into the hallway when I found myself face to face with Jungkook. 

My ruddy cheeks grew hotter as I continued to stare at him, and him at me. He was walking out of the restroom shirtless, drying his hair with a towel that stopped in mid-action. Too embarrassed to be caught up with anything else, I turned to look at the floor and walked past him to return back to my room.

'W-wait, Nari! I need to tal-' I shut the door behind me, sinking to the floor in a heap.

Everything was too murky, confusing for me to comprehend. I had just witnessed another male partially unclothed even after engaging in a horrendous act the night before. 

But I could not deny my fast heart beat.

-

cruel by snakehips and zayn

got me feelin' some type of way

-danny&elise