chapter thirty one [grids]

omg i swear- this election got me beeped up and this city will erupt in flames when/if trump becomes president

ugh, politics is very complicated

-

1st person pov

-

I wanted to reach out, to touch him and confirm that a person with such qualities could actually be standing mere inches away from me. My mine had blanked of all thoughts as he rested his hand against my shoulder, taking a seat next to me.

'Yoongi, this party's a bore. I thought you said we'd be having some fun tonight.' A young girl, not much older than myself, spoke to him from across the room while she continually swished the drink in her glass.

His gaze lingered on me while he gave his reply.

'Wait outside, I have to speak to this young lady.' His hand clamped around my kneecap, swiping the patch of skin revealed by the tear in her jeans.

The young women gave her a condescending side glance before taking their leave and slamming the door behind them.

'Nari, why are you here? I thought you were with...' Confusedly, he shook his head before trailing off. The slight furrow of his eyebrows made me feel slightly uncomfortable but I couldn't understand exactly where he was going with that statement.

'My name isn't Nari,' I breathed, moving away slightly.

His face was now a mixture of torment and hurt, his hand taken off completely while he began to laugh airily to himself.

'I'm sorry, it's just that you looked so much...like someone else I knew.' The facial expression he bore was one of a lost individual, turmoil and blatant misunderstanding evident.

'I'm sorry, what was your name? I never asked for it,' he stumbled upward as to regain his composure but the look of hurt still remained.

'My name is Soa,' I responded slowly, eyeing his every movement while he sat on the table directly across from myself.

'Soa? That's a pretty name...,' he mumbled to himself, nervously sinking his nails into the wooden table.

Then the silence rolled in between the two of us, but I couldn't distinguish why exactly I hadn't the courage to speak out.

'My name,' he spoke lowly, 'is Yoongi.' His eyes searched my face, as if expecting me to react in a way that was uncharacteristically enthusiastic.

I felt horrible for disappointing him.

'Yoongi, it's nice to meet you.'

'Are you absolutely sure your name isn't Nari? Is she not a relative? The similarity is almost uncann-'

'No! I have no idea who this 'Nari' is, but that seems to be the only name on everyone's mind.' The seething anger coursed through my veins, igniting  frustration that had been pent up for so long.

He smiled at me, a heartwarming one filled with numerous joys.

'But she was the most wonderful person I'd ever met.'
-

as long as we pull together, which i'm thankful berkeley has, then we can fight together

-danny&elise