chapter six [guilty plea]

The same bone chilling phrases played in my mind until I felt the same twisting pain in my stomach turn into a knot. He must have believed his words to be normal, but nothing about the statement was 'normal.' I fidgeted slightly, feeling the nervous energy rushing clearing my cluttered mind.

'Jimin, why do you call her momma?' I couldn't help the tremble in my voice.

Sitting back, he stared at the hair tie in his hand once more before eyeing the tears in my pair of dusty jeans. 'Because Taehyung will kill us if we don't.'

My breathing began to elevate, and I knew it was a panic attack. The bottle of medications I was to take daily was resting neatly in the bathroom cabinet back home. Cheon-uk would be searching for me now and possibly calling the authorities because of my disappearance. Soon, my parents will hear about this when they should be enjoying themselves on a much needed vacation.

'Nari-' He reached for me again as I jerked back in fear. My palms and forehead began to feel sweaty along with the millions of thoughts that trampled all sense of logical reasoning. I clutched at my chest that swelled like a balloon ready to burst. All air escaped me and breathing became difficult.

Reality was no more. My vision blurred as a tide pool of dark, murky water rushed towards me at a roaring speed. My jaw was partially opened but a scream could not leave my parted lips. Black was all I could see raising from the horizon until a force had rested me down onto the mattress.

Jimin began to yell out words that I could not quite make out through the haze of the situation. The tears cascaded down my strangled expression while a pair of hands held me down in place. Another figure was seen entering the room before the pressure seemed too much to hold up, and I was once again left unconscious.

-

'...the water.'

A large pounding headache accompanied my awakening as the dim lights felt nice on my eyes. Mismatched eyes met my gaze with slight amusement. He turned away to tend to whatever the other individual had left for him on a nearby table. I rolled my head over and warily looked at the red lines that outlined the time.

4:42 p.m.

'Open your mouth Nari.'

I did as I was told and two cold pills were slipped in. Taehyung handed me a glass of water as I downed them and crashed back onto the mattress. Laughing, he leaned forward slightly above my face, searching my eyes with his own entrancing gaze.

'You're just like Cheon-uk, he used to have panic attacks all the time.' Prozac pills jingled slightly as he waved the prescription in front of my face to show that he hadn't given me unidentifiable medications.

'H-How do you know...' The question resurfaced again, but Taehyung seemed already prepared to give me a certain response.

'Cheon-uk's got his filthy secrets just as I have mine and you've got yours. He's not the perfect boy that he seems, and definitely not the best boyfriend. I'll bet he hasn't even explained the cut above his eyebrow or the tattoo ink he's got on his arm.' Taehyung tilted his head, his shaggy hair falling into the path of his amber eye.

'I've got news for you babe, he used to be one hell of a drug lord. The two of us worked in a partnership bound by our blood until he decided to tell some of his friends. Word spreads fast and soon everyone came running to us for cocaine or meth. Other students wanted to tattle on us, running to the police thinking that we'd be terminated for good. The night we were on the run, a pocket knife grazed his eyebrow from another one of our workers who wanted him dead. '

Using his thumb, he ran it through my left eyebrow, the exact same spot Cheon-uk had the mark.

'I'm surprised he hasn't even shared the most intimate details with you. I suppose you don't mean much if he's promised you to us in return for the entire business.' Chuckling, he back away slightly and brought the warm blanket in closer to my body. He stood up quickly and turned to leave.

'Don't think for a moment that you've got your boyfriend wrapped around your finger. If anything, he's got you begging on your knees for his grace.' With one final hand gesture, he left the room and closed the door softly behind him.

My eyes travelled to the person who had walked in several moments after Taehyung's exit. Jungkook seemed ruffled and exhausted from the entire day. Large, dark bags lined the underside of his eyes as he took a seat in a wooden chair across from the bed.

The facts were beginning to sink in. Cheon-uk had only needed me as a sacrificial piece of his main scheming plot. He wanted the entire drug dealing business for himself to make profits off of, which explained why he had always seemed very nonchalant whenever I brought up the idea of going to college with a bright future.

He already had his entire future planned before him. Taehyung was willing to give it to him if I was traded in.

'I'm sorry you had to hear it this way, Nari.' Jungkook finally spoke from his spot.

I couldn't find a reply that would ease the situation or lessen the pain in my head. Instead, I groaned slightly and turned the other way, having my back face him.

'Those body bags that you see in the attic, they're traded in from other people for grams of whatever drug they need. All of the missing people reports are due to this business. Taehyung is a dangerous person, and I need you to promise that you'll try to stay on his good side.'

'Is that why I'm here? A piece offering that will soon become nothing but bloodied body parts and a revolting stench?'

'No Nari, this morning you were supposed to be killed but Taehyung is trying to keep you alive. He wants something.'

-

whenever you see someone dancing out in the sprinklers with their shirt off singing, that's me

listen to Waiting For You by Unlike Pluto to fit this chapter or story

-elise and danny