chapter eight [afraid]

great googly moogly, this chapter is extremely dark and is very triggering to the weak hearted. please advance with caution. if you find the topics of blood and cannibalism to be too hard to manage, (i'm sure we all do) then you may excuse yourself from reading this chapter. it is merely used to reveal the nature of certain characters in this story (and not of real life). 

-

The light above had gone dim, then went out completely only to indulge the both of us in the dark. I hadn't noticed the breath I was holding in until my head felt light from the lack of oxygen. His intoxicating scent of berries and vanilla surrounded my senses as he unhurriedly pulled me towards his chest.

I was cornered between the edge of the countertop and his own body that seemed to be acting upon it's own accord. Words were caught in my throat, and the only sound that could be heard between the two of us was the faint breathing from his lips that brushed my cheek. 

Each movement he made was gentle from his touch that lingered on my wrists to the way he peered into my eyes. Even in the dark, the sharp green was a stark contrast from the vast darkness that had diffused throughout the room with breaking speed. 

'Nari,' my name rolled off his tongue, 'why haven't you run away from me?'

Too captivated by his enchanting gaze, I replied in a faint whisper, 'I'm too terrified.'

Stillness made me believe that I had given the wrong response. The butcher knife he placed down not too far away was still in his grasp. All he had to do was lean over and end my life in one swift motion to rid of me forever. I wouldn't run away to tell anyone of the horrors I had experienced with my captors in a cabin far from civilization.

But instead of finishing me off, he leaned in closer to rest his face on the space resting from my collarbone to my jawline. His lips moved slightly to feel around, as if he were searching my skin for a place to bite into. 

My heart rate skyrocketed after he spoke the words on his mind.

'It can't be. This is too good to be true.' Without lifting his head, he opened another drawer nearby and reached into it. His fingers played around with the various utensils until he pulled out a tiny metallic object with a sharp ridge.

A carving knife.

'Cheon-uk is a cannibal. Jimin is a cannibal. Jungkook is a cannibal. Me?' Sighing, he ran the ridges of his teeth along my collarbone, causing me to whine out of pain.

'I prefer the taste of blood and flesh.' 

'T-Taehyung, please st-'

Chuckling, he ran the sharp end of the blade over my cheek, leaving a tiny cut as I could feel the drops of blood running down my neck. 

'Stop? I can't Nari, it's been too long since I've last had a fix.' He ran his tongue from the base of my neck up to the wound on my cheek, shuddering slightly out of spite.

'God, I can't seem to stop.' He slashed at my other cheek, sucking at the blood at bubbled around the cut. I felt my stomach coiling in disgust, my head lightening up from the loss of blood in both areas. I waited for him to drive the sharp weapon through my heart. 

It seemed that nothing could stop me from slipping further into the discomfort of the situation. With a final lick, my left wrist was released and I fell down towards the floor. I had no more energy to continue fighting against his authority while he dragged me by the other arm across the tiled floor into the living room. 

The knife still in his hand, he tossed it aside onto the counter before resting me on a lounging couch lit up by the lamp in the room. Blood stained hands grabbed at my legs, propping them up as he sat at the far end. 

His fingers grabbed at the flesh onto my thighs, and I closed my eyes to let out a silent prayer. 

'No Nari, I want you to look at me.' The authority in his voice was enough to make me pry them open in fatigue as he seemed pleased with himself. Color was beginning to return in his once dull eyes, replacing them with a new found light that brightened every time he peered at my legs like a meal.

The world seemed to be spinning in large circle, neon lights flashing in my periphery to show that my reality was miles away from sanity. Without warning, he bit down painfully into my left leg, forcing his teeth to clamp on the untouched skin. 

A wet drop on the once dark grey couch marked a tear that had managed to slip from my half-lidded eyes. I was almost numb to the feeling either from the pills I had taken earlier or the lethargy that seemed to shroud my judgement quiet drastically. 

Two set of teeth marks lined my inner thigh, bleeding profusely from the puncture. He removed his mouth and leaned in to do the unspeakable.

The taste of my blood and flesh was still on his lips along with the earlier scent of berries while he brought his mouth to mine. Now, tears seemed to be the only thing that I could fall back onto while he lifted his lips, connecting us by only a thin strip of saliva.

The gag reflex that I had controlled for a while finally reacted as I leaned over and emptied the contents of my stomach onto the ground. Dark rings began to form around the floor, shifting from side to side slightly in a dizzying formation as nothing could he comprehended any longer.

Sure that this was the last time I would see the light, I gave a final cough and fell back onto the couch.

-

it's wayyyyyy too late in the evening

-elise and danny