chapter two [lennie]

I could no longer sleep. All signs of drowsiness disappeared as hunger took over. My stomach rumbled in the empty space of the attic, but I could not bring myself to eat what they had provided me with.

The stench alone made the bile in my throat rise. Looking around, I slowly but painfully got myself up into a sitting position. It took several attempts and increased the hurt in my limbs and head.

Pushing my stomach's pleas aside, I looked around for any objects sharp enough to cut through the roping binding my arms and legs together.

With one final look, the search was over. Nothing in the room could help me escape. Sighing, I began to ponder over the horrifying possibilities of why I was held captive in the first place. Surely Cheon-uk would search for me and fret over my disappearance.

My parents would be home in a few days, and all hell would be broken loose once the policemen were contacted.

I shivered slightly as the news report from earlier tonight surfaced my mind again about the two girls who had gone missing and met their horrible fate in the woods.

Perhaps it was only a matter of time before I met the same end.

I couldn't scream or kick any longer. Suddenly, I felt fearful.

This wasn't how I had expected to die at all.

I tried to recall the events that had taken place after I had been lounging around with Cheon-uk, but nothing was coming up.

My long thoughts were drawn to a close as the sound of something scraping against the wooden floorboards drew closer and closer.

I turned and fell back onto my side, waiting for the sound to hopefully pass by.

It seemed most of my wishes would not be granted tonight.

The door to the attic opened once more, and another heavier object that was previously dragged had been thrown into the room before it had closed.

Seconds later, I turned and curiously gazed at the large bag that had been tossed in.

It was a body bag. The smell of rotting flesh was overpowering but I couldn't properly cover my nose with my hands behind my back.

I began to salivate again, the burning bile coming back up until the vomit was released onto the floor.

Fatigued and feeling dizzy, I shifted backwards until my head reached the back of a wooden dresser and I was out.

-

Bright light flooded my senses as I could feel myself levitating above the ground. I snuggled deeper into the person, wishing for more of their warmth.

The softness of their clothing was comforting like Cheon-uk's sweaters.

The sweet scent of maple syrup and strawberries drew closer, but the person had stopped moving.

I was let down onto another soft material, my hands and feet still bound together. The soft sheets and sound of the morning birds lulled me back into a deep sleep.

-

My tongue felt like a drying desert, becoming more dry the longer I stayed asleep. Finally, I awoke and found myself propped up on a bed, leaning against the headboard.

My neck felt stiff and sore from craning it in an awkward position for so long.

I felt too lethargic and lazy for a person who hadn't eaten or drunk in a while. My eyelids were slowly dropping once more, but I forced myself to look around.

A large glass of water lay on the bedside. I looked down onto the rope on my hands and decided that my thirst was much too important.

Leaning over the bed, I lapped at the water with my tongue and felt the cool liquid extinguishing my dehydration.

The door had opened right as I had gone in for another drink. I was startled and bumped my knee against the wooden night stand. Water from the glass had tumbled out along with the now broken fragments of glass on the floor.

My eyes were quickly met with a masked figure who stood tall and sturdy. The cat mask adorning his face was matched with large overalls and a huge white tee shirt, much too large for him. One strap hung over one shoulder along with two shoes that had been sloppily tied.

'Bunny,' he stated, pointing to my hair. The elastic shaped hair tie had the pendant of a tiny rabbit on it.

He inched forward, hands out until he let out a childish screech.

'BUNNY!'

-
currently reading Of Mice and Men and crying a lot

-danny and elise