chapter twenty four [tremor]

narrative pov

-

The sound of metal scraping against concrete woke her from the heavy slumber she found unavoidable. Her arms and legs would not budge, seeing that they were bound to the floor by chains heavy that weighed as much as giant boulders. Her shoulders as a consequence slumped as well, and her black felt numb from the constant slouch.

But she was used to the pain, turning a blind eye to how bazar her situation actually was.

Her dead, lifeless eyes dragged themselves upward to meet the newcomer who crouched down to her level almost mockingly.

It seemed that every action he had made was to taut her in some way.

After days of silence, say for the occasional dripping of running water somewhere in the distance, she was not used to listening to his smooth voice.

'Nari, have you been good for me today?' He would ask her before lifting her chin so she could glance to meet his eyes.

And her response was always a seldom, 'yes,' before she broke out in a coughing fit.

It was freezing in the cellar, and he hadn't given her anything to use for insulation, stating that girls such as herself should be preserved in an environment that was 'suitable.'

She waited for help, for someone to come by and eventually rescue her from the prison she had essentially been trapped in.

But days passed as well as nights and the hope she had kindled began to dwindle.

He would stay there for minutes on end, merely looking at the state she was on but oddly not feeling remorseful enough to break the chains and set her free.

'This is purely out of love Nari.,' he would sigh, holding her bounded hands in his own.

'I hope you don't mistake this for anything else.'

She would have to turn her head away as his words sank in.

-

There came an evening where Jungkook had not returned to the cellar. It was horrendously dark, only a candle light in the far corner was used to light up the room.

She took shallow breaths, feeling drained and brain dead, more so than usual.

Several heartbeats later, the door opened that connected the living room to the basement where she was held captive.

He sauntered in drunk, pulling out the belt from the loop in his jeans. She cowered away upon feeling the buckle drape across her bony shoulders in an action that was too unfamiliar even for her.

'Lie down, baby girl.' He stated calmly.

She merely did as he asked without questioning his motives and when he raised his hand, she shut her eyes and felt his cool knuckle tips brush across her neck and face.

The belt in his hands looped around her neck several time, him buckling it so it resembled a collar.

'Purr for me,' and as she gasped in shock, he brought a hand around her face to cup her cheeks.

'I may be fucking drunk out of my mind, but one thing is for sure. You are mine.'

-
hOh man
-danny&elise