chapter twenty six [blow out]

narrative pov

-
The seasons had come and gone along with the faint scent of cinnamon and orange blossoms that she would smell when outside.

But she was never outside freely. There were always shackles and chains attached to her wrists that clasped onto the side of the porch, restricting her from running away into the open and woods and discovering for herself that she was not alone.

He drank more frequently, though not as abusive as far as abusive drunks go, he would still often come back slightly drunk from the late night activities.

She lost all motivation along with her spirit. Her appetite had gone away and she had no urge to do anything, except to look into the woods beyond.

It gave her a certain degree of comfort, that there was something ravenous, waiting for her to step out.

But she couldn't, and most likely never would.

She gave up the hope that anyone was looking for her and instead began to ponder.

She would stand in front of the mirror, hair falling in her face.

He would stand behind her, arms wrapped around the waist that was shrinking in size.

'You're killing yourself,' he'd whisper.

'I know,' she'd say through a smile.

-

danny&elise