Chapter 5

The week went by quickly, and somehow, I had completed my first week of human school. I woke up and checked my clock. It was eleven o'clock. Ugh, I had slept in late. I liked waking up early. I got out of bed, and got ready for my day. I changed into jeans and a hoodie, and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen, and stopped dead.

Sitting at the table, was Clary, Isabelle, Cecily, Will, Jace, and Alec. Will and Jace were eating pancakes - which I guessed that my mother had made - and everyone else was watching them. My mother was standing in kitchen, watching the two boys, chuckling.

"Hey, Tessa." Cecily smiled.

"Hey." I said, feeling confused.

"Your friends all came over to see if you were free, so I let them in until you were awake." My mother piped up.

"I see that you fed them, too." I replied, amused.

I went and took the only seat open, which was beside Will.

"Your mother makes the best pancakes, Tessa." Will said, looking up from his food.

I chuckled, and shook my head at my mother. She had obviously used magic to make the pancakes. Food always tasted better with magic added to it. I started to eat, and my mother left us to talk.

"We wanted to know if you wanted to come to the party I'm throwing, tonight." Cecily grinned.

"Sure." I replied. "You know that you could have texted me, right?"

Clary shrugged. "We were all bored."

"I'm going to come to your house for breakfast next Saturday, too. It's so good." Jace grinned at me.

I only chuckled, and shook my head. After breakfast, we all went to my backyard and threw around one of Nate's old footballs. Magnus then suddenly walked out into my backyard.

"Oh Tessa! You're with friends, how nice, I--" Magnus suddenly broke off.

He was looking at Alec, with a look I had never seen before. Alec seemed surprised to be looked at, and started to blush. I had had a strange feeling that Alec was gay, and I was beginning to think that I was right.

"And who is this?" Magnus asked finally.

"Al -- Alec Lightwood." Alec stuttered.

Magnus eyed him and up down. "You are hot, my friend."

"Magnus, can I talk to you for second?" I asked.

I quickly grabbed his arm, and we walked away from everyone else.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to get that hottie to date me. Why didn't you tell me you were hanging out with guys like him?" Magnus questioned.

I sighed. "Magnus, I'm not even sure that Alec is comfortable with his sexuality. I think it might be best if you don't overwhelm him. He's really shy and quiet."

Magnus sighed. "Alright, alright fine. But I'm still going to talk to him."

"And how are you going to do that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You'll see." His eyes glittered with trouble. "Oh, and the other black haired boy's into you."

"Will? No, he isn't." I replied. "You literally saw him for two seconds."