Chapter 32

I walked into my house at eight o'clock in the evening, after my day in Paris with Will. I couldn't seem to get this stupid smile off my face, every time I tried to I thought of Will and it came back again. Today had been perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I walked into the living room, where my mother, father, and Nate all sat, watching the TV. They all looked up at me as I threw myself down beside Nate, still smiling slightly.

"What's gotten you into such a good mood?" My mother asked, smiling. "Will?"

I blushed. "Yeah."

"Were you just with him?" My father asked, and I nodded.

"You've been spending a lot of time with him. That isn't smart, Tessie, you know that we're going to have to leave soon." He frowned.

"Oh Richard, let her be with who she wants." My mother spoke up.

"I'm just saying, Elizabeth. It'd be best for her if she stopped seeing him so frequently." My father said.

"Dad, I want to see him as much as I can before we leave." I said, feeling annoyed.

"I know that, but I just think that you're getting yourself into something that's only going to hurt you in the end." He replied.

"I think Tessa should be allowed to see her boyfriend as much as she wants." Nate spoke up.

"He's not my boyfriend." My voice shot up a few octaves.

Nate gave me a knowing look, and I blushed.

"You can't cut het off from seeing him, Richard." My mother glared.

"Maybe I should." My father said thoughtfully. "Maybe I should ask if we can go back to the magic world earlier."

"What?!" I exclaimed, standing up. "You can't do that."

"Why not?" My father challenged. "You said he's not your boyfriend so I--"

"I love him." I blurted out.

Everyone but my mother looked shocked. Nate's eyes widened and he looked up at me. My father looked horrified, going pale.

"And he loves me." I finished.

Everyone was silent for a few seconds.

"You can't love him." My father spoke flatly. "He's a human. You're a witch. It would never work."

I took a deep breath. "I know, and that's why I'm considering giving up my powers for him."

Nate dropped the TV remote, at my words, and my father looked as if I had slapped him.

"What did you just say?" He said.

"I'm thinking about giving up my powers for him." I replied confidently.

"Like hell you are!" My father exclaimed. "I will not have you give up your powers for some boy who will probably leave you within a week--"

"Richard!" My mother cut him off angrily. "That's enough!"

My father glared at her. "You're okay with this?"

"It's not my decision, it's Tessa's. We should respect it." My mother defended me. "Sure, I don't want my daughter to leave me but if it will make her happy then I support it."

My father looked back at me. "What if he doesn't really love you?"

"He does. You don't know what he's like around me." I replied, glaring at him.

"I don't like this, Tessa." My father glared.

"Well I don't care what you like!" I suddenly shouted. "It's my life and I'll do what I want with it!"

"Do not speak to me with that sort of tone!" My father snapped angrily.

"You can't control me! If I want to be with Will then I will!" I shouted.

Without waiting for him to reply, I stormed out of the living room and towards the door.

"Tessa! Where are you going?!" My father demanded, following me.

"Away from you!" I retorted.

"Don't you dare leave this--" He started angrily.

But it was too late, I was gone. I zapped myself into Will's room. He was sitting on his bed reading a book. He looked up and was shocked to see me.

"Tessa?" He asked, putting aside his book.

Tears suddenly started to slide down my cheeks and I was crying. Will looked worried and stood up and we were face to face.

"What's is it? What's wrong?" He looked panicked. "Are you leaving?"

"Not yet." I hiccuped.

Will pulled me into his arms, and I held him tightly. I cried into his shoulder and we stayed like that for a few minutes, until I calmed down a bit. Will sat back down his bed and pulled me down to sit with him. He sat up, and I laid my head on his chest and he held me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly.

I shook my head. "No."

"That's okay, you don't have to." Will said gently, stroking my hair.

I sighed and was grateful for him, I didn't feel like telling him about the argument. We sat like that for a long time. Eventually Will turned on the TV and we both started to watch "Orange is the New Black". I was temporarily distracted from my distress by the show, and actually managed to smile at a few times throughout the show.

"Who's your favourite in the show?" Will asked, trying to distract me.

"Lorna or Red. What about you?" I replied weakly.

"Red." Will agreed.

"She's tough. Too tough, probably." I smiled slightly.

He chuckled and my heart warmed. "Probably."

I checked my phone a few minutes later to see that it was 11:30pm at night. I had been here for three hours and a bit. My father was probably so angry, and I rolled my eyes at the thought. It was a shame that I didn't care.

"Are you going to go back home?" Will asked softly.

"No, can I stay with you?" I asked.

"Of course you can." He kissed my head, and I smiled slightly.

I cuddled into him, and then remembered that we had school tomorrow.

"Shit, we have school tomorrow." I sighed.

"We can skip again." Will suggested.

"We shouldn't." I said, and then waved it off. "I'll freeze time tomorrow or something, so we'll have more time to sleep."

"You say that so casually." He sounded amused.

I smiled and shrugged. "I'm used to it, I guess."

He grinned and then kissed my head. "Go to sleep, Tess."

I closed my eyes, feeling drowsy. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Will replied.

I felt him kiss me again, and then I drifted off into nothingness.