Chapter 25

When I walked into school the next morning, Cecily and Will weren't there.

"Cecy said her and Will are sick." Isabelle frowned.

"Sick? They didn't seem like it yesterday." I said, confused.

"Who knows, they probably got an overnight thing." Clary said.

"That's probably it." I replied.

But I didn't think so. I had the strangest feeling that something was wrong. Something just didn't feel right and I couldn't pinpoint what it was. I walked to English alone, thinking about what could be wrong. It was midway through English, when I got the vision.

I saw Will bent down on his knees, looking at something, tears in his eyes. He looked horrible; looking as if he hadn't slept in days. I quickly snapped out of it, and felt a sick feeling well up in me. Something was wrong. Very wrong. I somehow got through the morning, and at lunch left school. I didn't want to finish the rest of the day; I had to see Will.

I drove to his house and parked my car. I walked up to the front door and knocked on it. A moment later, it was opened by Will's father - Edmund. Will didn't look much like his father. Edmund had a halo of blonde hair and pale blue eyes that weren't the same shade as Will's, though they shared the same cheekbones. Will took after his mother.

"Tessa, it's nice to see you." Edmund smiled slightly.

"Hi, I um was looking for Will. Do you know where he is?" I asked awkwardly.

"No, I'm sorry I don't. He went out and wouldn't tell me where he was going." Edmund frowned. "Cecily's sick in bed, she doesn't know either."

I felt disappointment wash through me. "Okay, thank you."

I gave him a small smile and the turned away and walked back to my car. I sat in the drivers seat, feeling stumped. Where could he be? I then had an idea. I would do a tracking spell. I closed my eyes and concentrated on Will. A few seconds later, I knew where he was, and felt shock run through me. Why would be there? I quickly started my car, and started to drive to where Will was.

I parked my car - a few minutes later - at the closest cemetery. I recognized Will's car right away; why was he here? I walked down the path, buttoning up my coat. I walked for a few minutes, until I spotted a figure standing in front of a grave holding a bouquet of flowers. Will. I slowly walked up to him, and he turned to look at me.

"Tessa?" Shock flooded his blue eyes.

"Will." I breathed.

He looked horrible, just like in my vision. There were dark bags under his eyes, and his eyes were red. His hair was a bit messy, too.

"What -- what are you doing here?" Will stuttered.

"I saw you in a vision and I got worried, so I used a spell to find you. What are you doing here?" I asked softly.

He only looked at me for a second, and then back down at the grave. I walked so I was standing beside him, and inspected the grave.

Ella Herondale

1995-2014

I gasped. Herondale?

"Will -- Will, was she?..." I trailed off.

"My sister?" He asked dryly. "Yeah, she was."

My heart broke for him. "Oh my god, I'm -- I'm so sorry."

He didn't say anything, and was silent for a few minutes.

"She was hit by a drunk driver." Will spoke suddenly. "She was coming home from a party -- she was crossing the street to get to her car -- and someone hit her. Today marks two years since she died."

"Will." I whispered. "I'm so sorry."

I took his hand and squeezed it.

"It's okay." Will said. "It's not as hard anymore."

"What was she like?" I asked a few minutes later.

He smiled slightly. "She was best sister anyone could ever ask for. She was two years older than me. She always played games with Cecy and I and was always so protective over us and Jace, actually. She would always get so mad at Jace and I when we would tease Cecily." He laughed slightly. "But she had this thing about her that made you always want to be around her. She was so popular. Everyone loved her."

"She sounded wonderful." I smiled at him.

Will sighed. "She really was. God Tess, I miss her so much."

"I know." I whispered softly.

Suddenly Will was in my arms and we were hugging. I could almost feel his pain in his touch. His sister had left him and now I was going to leave him. God, I was mean. Will had gone through so much hurt and pain, and now I was going to do it to him all over again. We pulled away a minute later, and he took my hand again.

"You're the first person I've ever told." He said, slightly amused.

"Really? Izzy and all of them don't know?" I asked.

"Well, yeah they do, but I've never told anyone personally. I never talk about it." Will admitted.

"God, I'm so so sorry, Will." I whispered. "I hate to see you like this."

"It's okay." He sighed sadly. "C'mon, we should go."

We walked back up the path, and towards the parking lot.

"So is Cecily actually sick then?" I asked.

"Yeah." Will looked a bit amused. "She always gets sick on Ella's anniversary. Her sadness and grief always makes her get the flu. It's actually kind of funny. She looks pretty ugly with her eyes all puffy and her nose all red."

"Cecily Herondale looking ugly? No way." I said doubtfully, feeling amused.

Will laughed. "Trust me."

I chuckled, and he smiled at me. We both stopped in front of my car and I turned to him.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked softly.

"I'll be alright." He gave me a weak smile that broke my heart. "Don't be surprised if I crawl through your window though, tonight."

I laughed. "Alright."

Will then kissed me and pulled away. "Bye, Tess."

"Bye." I smiled slightly.

He then walked towards his car and I got into mine. I sighed sadly, Will was surprising me more and more everyday.