Chapter 23

"I'm not doing it."

"Is it because you're a chicken?"

"I am not a chicken."

"Hmm, well you're acting like one."

I huffed in annoyance. "Why don't you do it."

"Because I dared you to do it." Will smirked.

We were standing in Target, and Will had dared me to go up to the old man - who was standing by the book section - and ask for his autograph.

I groaned. "Fine."

Will smirked at me and I flipped him off. I then took a deep breath and walked up to the man.

"Excuse me, but can I have your autograph?" I internally cringed.

He looked up at me, looking confused. "Um okay."

I handed him a napkin, and he got a pen. I stood there awkwardly as he signed it. When he handed it back to me, I quickly squeaked a thank you and returned back to Will. He was laughing his ass off, and I glared at him.

"Okay now I have one for you now." I said. "You have get a box of tampons and ask a worker here if they're extra absorbent."

Will immediately stopped laughing. "There's no way in hell I'm doing that."

"You have to. I did mine." I grinned victoriously.

Will swore, and I lead him towards the the "ladies" section. I grabbed him a box of tampons off of the shelf, and handed it to him. He looked very uncomfortable even being in this aisle of the store. I smiled to myself, it was cute. I then spotted a lady stacking boxes onto a shelf and pushed Will in her direction. He swore again, and walked up to her. I quickly said a spell so I could hear everything.

"Um excuse me, but are these extra absorbent?" Will asked awkwardly.

The lady looked a bit disturbed at his asking. "I don't know, I've never used those."

I started laughing at her words, and Will seemed to look even more uncomfortable. The lady then showed Will where the extra absorbent tampons were, and he looked as if he wanted to disappear. After she left, he returned to me.

"I hate you." Will said flatly.

I laughed. "Your face was priceless!"

"That was the most embarrassing thing I've ever had to do." He shuddered.

I only laughed, and Will grinned at me. We paid for everything, and then got into Will's car.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"I don't know, where do you want to go?" He asked.

I suddenly got an idea, and smiled.

"Get out of the car." I instructed.

Will raised his eyebrows, but obeyed. Once we were out of the car, I took his hand.

"Close your eyes." I said.

His eyes fluttered shut, and I closed mind too. I said a silent spell, and I felt a wave of cold air hit us. When I opened my eyes again, we were standing on a beach in Los Angeles. Will opened his eyes and his mouth fell open.

"Where are we?" He asked, amazed.

"Los Angeles." I replied.

"This is fucking sick." Will grinned wildly.

I laughed and snapped my fingers, and then we were both wearing swimwear.

"Wait, where'd our clothes go?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it." I smirked, amused.

Will only shrugged, and pulled me towards the ocean. I followed him, and we both walked into the cold water, hand in hand. There were people surfing and talking around us, but I didn't seem to notice. All I was aware of was Will.

"It's cold." I shivered.

Will smirked at me. "I could make you warm."

I only rolled my eyes, amused, and splashed him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed. "I'll get you back for that."

I giggled, and started to swim away from him. Sadly, Will caught up with me quickly, and grabbed me by the waist. My arms were then around his neck, and I was looking up into his bright blue eyes. My heart started to beat faster, and the feeling of his skin on mine was sending sparks up and down my veins.

"Got you, Tess." Will smirked.

"Congratulations." I spoke sarcastically, and he laughed.

He kissed my forehead. "I love you."

I smiled, shyly. "I love you, too."

After a few more seconds we let you of each other. We swam for a bit longer, and then decided to get out of the ocean. I zapped us into more summery clothes, and then we started to walk along the beach, hand in hand. We walked in silence, and I cherished the feeling of being with him.

"You know," Will started, amused. "We're basically dating if you think about it."

I smiled, blushing slightly. "I guess we are."

"What's it like?" He asked. "Being a witch?"

"It's good, mostly. When you reach one hundred-fifty years old it all becomes a bit too repetitive, and some witches and warlocks fall into depression." I explained.

"Did you?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I did." I sighed. "It was horrible. It feels like your life has no meaning, and you're just on the same cycle forever. When I met Jem he helped me overcome it. After that phase passes, life is good I would say. I mean, it's amazing, what I can do."

"I can imagine." He smiled slightly.

I hesitated. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." Will replied.

"If it was possible for you to become like me - would you?" I asked quietly.

He silent for a few seconds, looking deep in thought. "Yes, I would."

"Really?" I felt surprised. "You would leave all of your friends and family?"

"Yeah, because as long as I'd be with you, it wouldn't be as hard." Will spoke.

He would give it all up for you, but you won't give it up for him. I felt guilt well up in me.

"But," He started. "I think it would take me a long time to decide."

His words made me feel a bit better, and I felt a little less guilty.

"I've considered it, you know." I said softly. "Giving up my powers."

His head snapped to look at me. "No, Tessa, you can't."

"Why?" I asked, feeling confused.

"I love you. So much." He said. "And I want to be with you, but I could never let you to do that for me. You were blessed with an amazing gift. You can't waste it on me."

"I wouldn't be wasting it, Will, I'd be with you and that wouldn't be a waste." I said.

He only looked at me, hard, and then looked away. We were both silent for a few minutes.

"Well, whatever decision you make, I'll always love you. I can promise you that." Will said softly.

"I promise you, too." I sighed sadly.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, and wished I could stay like that forever.