Chapter 6

That night at seven o'clock, I was tearing through my closet trying to find something to wear. I had tried on all of my dresses, but I couldn't find something that felt right. I stood in front of my mirror and huffed annoyedly. You would think that being alive for hundreds of years, you have a large wardrobe. Nope. I then got a new idea.

I snapped my fingers, and suddenly I was dressed in a short tight black dress, with black heels. I looked at myself for a moment. This looks like I'm trying too hard, I thought, and snapped my fingers again. This time I was in a more casual white dress that wasn't too short or too long, with white heels. Perfect, I thought. The clothes didn't come out of nothing, they all had to come from somewhere. So yes, I had basically just stolen from a store. Sorry.

I grabbed my phone, and walked downstairs. Isabelle, Clary, and I were all going together, and they were going to pick me up. My mother walked out from the living room followed by aunt Harriet - her sister - and smiled. Aunt Harriet was eight months pregnant, and her baby was due anytime now.

"You look nice, Tessie." She complimented.

"You do. Who are you trying to impress?" Aunt Harriet smirked.

I rolled my eyes, amused. "No one."

"Harriet, you know she can't date a human." My mother frowned slightly.

See Tessa? It's not possible for you to even like Will. "Exactly." I replied.

A few minutes later Clary and Isabelle pulled into my driveway, and I bid them goodbye. I got into Clary's car and said my hello's. We then drove to Will and Cecily's house, and Clary parked the car. We walked inside, where music was blaring from speakers. There were people, and red cups, everywhere. We immediately spotted Cecily talking to a girl I didn't know. She walked up to us.

"Hey!" She shouted, grinning. "You guys look great!"

"So do you." I smiled.

"Where are the boys?" Isabelle asked.

Cecily only shrugged, and asked us if we wanted drinks. We all agreed, and walked into her kitchen. There standing, was Jace, Alec, Magnus, Gabriel, and Will. My eyes zeroed in on Will, and I could not look away. He looked so beautiful, that I was speechless for a moment. I quickly snapped out of it, and followed the rest of the girls.

"Hey." Isabelle greeted.

"We thought you'd all never get here." Will smirked, his eyes stopping on me. "Especially you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why? Looking forward to my arrival?"

He grinned wildly. "Something like that."

I only stared at him, and he stared back. His blue eyes were so bright, and I was mesmerized. I then snapped out of it and dug my fingernails into my palm. What was going on with me? I had never behaved like this ever in my life. I looked over at Magnus.

"I didn't know you were coming." I told him.

"Cecily invited me." He replied, and then grinned at Alec.

We all spoke for a few minutes, and then decided to go to the living room. I started walking, and tripped over something, and fell straight into Will's arms.

"Careful there." He smirked.

"Sorry." I apologized.

I stared up at him, and he did the same. After a few seconds his smirk disappeared, and he looked deep into my eyes. I couldn't look away, entranced in his eyes. He then stared down at my lips, and leaned forward. I felt my heart beat faster, and I was leaning in, too.