Chapter 26

A few weeks passed and Will and Cecily were finally back to normal. We had been hanging out a bit more lately, but he hadn't really kissed me which was good, I guess. It would makes things easier if I left. Speaking of leaving, I had a feeling that it was going to be soon and I wasn't sure if I was ready. Currently, we were all hanging out at Gabriel's house after school.

"You failed math?" Isabelle echoed.

Clary sighed. "No, I said I almost failed."

Jace whistled. "I don't blame you, math is hard as hell."

Will smirked. "Just like my--"

"William!" Cecily snapped.

"What? I was going to say my rock collection." He grinned wildly.

"Sure you were." I rolled my eyes, amused and he chuckled, smirking at me.

"Guys! We have a real crisis happening! My mom is going to kill me when she says my percentage." Clary groaned. "She's going to ground me for the rest of my life."

"She can't be that bad." Gabriel said.

"Oh she is, sorry Clary." Simon said.

Clary groaned again. "I'm done for."

"No you're not." Will spoke casually. "Just say that your teacher must have mixed up your grade up with someone else's and that you'll ask your teacher about it. Then she'll probably forget about it and you'll be fine."

"That's not bad." Jace said.

Clary sighed. "Okay, I'll try that."

Will grinned. "You're welcome, Ketchup."

I chuckled. "Ketchup?"

"Yup, that's my new name for her." He looked pleased with himself. "You know, because of her hair."

"Yes, I know, William." I felt amused.

Will blushed slightly and looked away from me and my heart melted because of his cuteness. God, he was too perfect.

"Awww William's blushing." Cecily pinched her brother's cheek.

"Ouch stop it, Cecy." Will muttered, swatting at her.

Cecily shifted her gaze to Alec. "How's Magnus?"

"He's good." Alec smiled. "He's with his family on vacation right now."

Nice excuse, Magnus, I thought to myself. But Alec knew the truth about him. I had a feeling that Magnus was going to stay here with Alec. God, Magnus was the last person I'd ever pick who would give up their powers. He must really love Alec.

Isabelle sighed. "I'm bored. What should we do?"

Suddenly we heard a loud commotion from upstairs. We all shot each other a confused look, and walked upstairs and into the living room. Tatiana was standing in the middle of the room, holding a baby.

"Tati? You're home?" Gabriel asked.

"Yeah, aunt Brenda is here, too. I have to hold Ashley for her." Tatiana replied.