Chapter 9 (In Between)

E L L A
I opened my eyes to a bright white light.  I got up and looked around.  I was wearing a hospital gown and I was in a clean and pristine corridor.  I looked to one end, where there was a bright light, but something told me I didn't want to go there.  I turned to the other side of the bright corridor to see a figure coming closer and closer, until I can just make out the face.  My jaw dropped.
"Mum?" I quietly whispered.  I couldn't believe it.
She smiled and opened her arms to me.  I ran into them and breathed in her scent.  She smelled like she always used to.  Like warm vanilla.  I sobbed into her chest, as she rubbed my back and soothed me.  When I finally calmed down, I released myself and looked at her.  She was absolutely stunning.  She looked younger than I had remembered her.  Her blond hair hung in locks going down to her chest, and she had a white silk gown on.  The bags under her eyes that I had grown to know too well, we're now gone.  She was smiling the brightest smile I had ever seen.
"Ella! It's so great to see you.  You've grown up so beautifully." She chirped in her soothing voice.
"Where am I?" I asked, in shock.
"Your in between." She said softly
"In between what? The last thing I remember was being in a car with the boys and Bryana..." I trailed off. 
She looked at me and smiled a sad smile.
"In between life and death. 
You got into a car crash after your dinner.  I'm here to comfort you until you come out of here."
She said slowly.  I nodded, still trying to process all of the information.
"So then what's that bright light over there?" I questioned, pointing my finger in the direction of the other side of the corridor.
"That? You don't want to go there honey.  That means you've given up.  But I know your strong and you don't have to go over there." She responded.
"But, if that's where your supposed to be, then wouldn't I be able to see you?" I asked intently.
"Yes.  I'll only be here as long as you will.  But I don't want you to go over there you hear me?" She asked.
"But I want to stay with you, and if that's the only way..." I trailed off, starting to walk to the other side of the corridor.
"No!" I heard my mum say, and she grabbed my arm.
"Why not? Don't you want me to be with you? Don't you love me?" I asked, tears brimming in my eyes.
"Oh, of course sweetie! I love you so so much! And I want you to be with me, but the boys and Bryana will take better care of you.  Your not ready, your to young.  I made the mistake of leaving you.  And I don't want you to leave them.  We only have a few seconds left, but know in your heart, that this wasn't a dream and I love you so very much!" She said, her voice sounding more and more distant as I was absorbed by the bright light.
"Mummy! I love you!"  I shouted one last time before everything went black once more.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
HIIIIIII! Sorry for the short chapter and the cliff hanger, but this is just kind of a filler.  I thought it would be nice to throw in a little encounter with her mother before you guys finally find out what happens! But anyways don't forget to vote and comment, and have a wonderful week :)