Chapter 21 (First Day of School)

•Time Skip•

E L L A

After the masquerade everything went pretty normal.  Caleb and I had met up last week, and he was really sweet.  We just went out for lunch, but we still text a lot.

Today is my first day of school.  Luckily for me, I have a pretty chill school and we don't have uniforms like usual.  I wanted to make a good first impression, but at the same time I wasn't sure how to.

I showered and I picked out my outfit for the day.  A floral skirt and a white, short sleeved blouse.  I also had knee-high white socks and light brown combat boots on.  I tied my hair into a high ponytail and put a pink bow, that matched my skirt, in my hair.

I only applied mascara and lip gloss because I didn't want to cake on a bunch of make up for my first day. 

When I was finally finished, I threw my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my phone.  When I walked down stairs, I was greeted by the lovely scent of pancakes.  I walked in to see everyone sat around the table.  There was an open spot with a plate of pancakes next to Michael.  I sat down and began to eat.

"Are you excited for your first day of school?" Ashton asked after he had swallowed the bite he had taken.

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Now, I don't want to embarrass you, but my car is getting fixed so you're taking the limo to school today." He finished while giving me a weak smile.

I set down my fork and stared wide eyed at him.  Usually it would be anyone's dream to ride in a limo to school.  But not for me.  This would just end up causing a scene and drawing more attention towards me.  This wasn't good for my anxiety.

"Also, I have to come into school with you.  But don't worry about it.  We'll just run in and then I'll head out okay?" He asked.

I nodded, still unsure about the whole situation.  With that, me and Ashton got up and headed out the door.

--------------

We had arrived at the huge school.  I was so intimidated.  I cautiously stepped out of the limo with Ashton.  All eyes were turned to us.  We heard a few girls scream, but quickly fast walked our way inside and to the office.  I was told to sit in the waiting area while Ashton talked to the lady at the front desk.

I sat twiddling my thumbs, waiting to be told I could leave.  Ashton walked out about 10 minutes later.  He told me to have a good day and kissed me on the head before walking out.

A woman had come out and led me to her office.  I sat in front of her as she rummaged through a drawer.

"Ah, found it!" She finally said and handed me a timetable.

"I've also arranged one of our top students to show you to your first class!" She said excitedly. 

She got up and left the room, before returning with a pretty girl.  She had red hair and green eyes.  She also had a ton of freckles and also a pair of glasses.  When she walked in she smiled at me.

"This is Gabriella. Gabriella, this is Ella."  The woman said introducing us.

Gabriella and I shook hands before the woman escorted us out.

"Gabriella, go show her to her first class and give her a look along the way." The woman nodded at us before going back into her office.

We started walking.

"I see you've met Miss Rundle." Gabriella chuckled.

I smiled awkwardly and nodded.

"Oh! Please don't reference me to Gabriella.  I hate it.  It's just Gabby.  Well not technically, but I've never really like Gabriella.  The only teacher that calls me by that name is Miss Rundle." She said frowning a bit.