Chapter 26 (Stuck)

I'm sorry for not updating lately, I've been extremely busy and I was also sick.  But here's chapter 26 :)

-----------------------------------------------

E L L A

We were heading out of the venue to get a celebratory milkshake at some diner Ashton knew about.  Luke was in a seemingly better mood.  I'm not sure if it was because of the successful concert, or the fact that he's pretty much free from Arzaylea.  I still felt kind of bad for her.  She seemed pretty heartbroken.  

The group had to split up a bit, so we were all in different cab's.  I was with Luke and Ashton.  They were talking about something pertaining to their set of songs.  I wasn't really paying attention to them, but rather the city outside of my window.  I've never been to this part of Sydney before, so seeing everything all lit up was breathtaking.

The cab eventually pulled up to a small, retro looking diner.  We got out in time to see Calum, Michael, and  Bryanna's cab pull up.  They got out moments later and we headed inside.  We were seated immediately, considering it was pretty late at night, so not a lot of people were here.

Our waitress set down the menu's in front of us and walked away.  Everyone at the table was still buzzing about the concert, while I browsed over the option's on the menu.  I decided on a peanut butter milkshake.  I tapped on Ashton's shoulder and pointed at the item on the menu and he nodded and smiled at me.

"Peanut butter milkshakes are my favorite here." He said smiling brightly at me.  I gave him a super cheesy smile back and he giggled.  The waitress came back over a few moments later and took down everyone's orders.   When she finished, she walked away again.  This time I let my eyes follow her to the counter, where some of her co-workers sat.

She pointed over at our table and the two girls she was talking to widened their eyes.  I assumed that she was talking to them about the boys.  I looked back towards the rest of the group who were joking about something.

I have to admit that sometimes I feel a little left out since I couldn't really give my input in conversations, and I got distracted by little things, so half the time I don't even know what was going on.

I brushed off the thoughts when the waitress came back over with our milkshakes.  Everyone was silent for a moment while they all sipped on their milkshakes.

"Hey, did we ever find out what happened to Arzaylea?" Ashton chimed in.  Luke and I looked at each other knowingly.  I hoped that Luke would explain, so that we weren't sitting in an awkward silence anymore.

Just then, the boys phones all buzzed at the same time.  They looked down at their phones before unlocking them.  I watched them as their eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"What's this?" Ashton said looking up at me and tilting his phone in my direction.  I leaned over to get a closer look.  Someone had tweeted a picture taken of Arzaylea and I hugging.  They tagged all 4 of the guys.  My eyes widened in realization, figuring that this probably looked very weird.

I whipped out my phone so that I could explain what happened.

"I went out to get some fresh air, and when I went outside, Arzaylea was crying.  She told me to give a letter to Luke and said that she was going back to her real home.  We hugged, and then she left." I typed into my phone showing it to Ashton.

"What note did Arzaylea give you, Luke?" Ashton inquired after reading my response.

"Erm- well, Arzaylea decided she wanted out of the contract, so she talked to management and got them to release me us from the contract." Luke said honestly.  Instantly smiles started to grow on everyone's faces.