Chapter 23 (Bye Bye Luke)

E L L A

I was sitting at the lunch table with Gabby and Caleb as I texted them back an forth, telling them what happened at the counselor's office. They were just as confused as I was. Lunch was pretty uneventful in general. When we were finished, we packed up our things and headed to our next class.

------------------------------------

The final bell for school rung, signaling that our last class had finished. I met Gabby at her locker and waited for her to finish putting away her things. We walked out of school and headed down the road. The mall wasn't to far from here, but we still had to take a bus. We got on and sat in the back.

Gabby rambled on about what I had missed in the classes that I didn't have with her. She talked about how John was in one of her classes, and how he got detention for ditching half of the class to smoke. I know John is bad, but something about him interested me. The bus stopped in front of the mall, as we got up and left the bus.

We got into the mall to see crowd of bustling people. This is where a lot of students came to hang out after school. It also didn't help that it was a Friday. Gabby wanted to go to Forever 21, so we headed in that direction. I was looking down at my phone, and wasn't paying attention to anything in front of me, when I bumped into something. Or should I say someone. I looked up to see the one and only, Olivia Carter. The most popular girl in our school, or so Gabby told me.

"Watch it loser." She said in a snarky manner before looking me up and down. Shock spread over her face.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I didn't know it was you!" She said in a sickly sweet voice once she realized who I really was. Word had gotten around school that I was Ashton Irwin's daughter. I'd never seen anything spread so quickly.

"What are you doing with her?" She asked in disgust, motioning towards Gabby.

"I'm her friend. So I suggest you back off." Gabby responded for me. Gabby always knew what I wanted to say. It's like she could read my mind.

Olivia straightened up a little bit and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. She scribbled something down on the paper, before folding it up and handing it to me. I took it from her hesitantly.

"Call me when you decide to ditch the riff-raff." She said as she flipped her hair and sashayed off. I unfolded the paper to see a neatly written phone number on the piece of paper. I crumpled it up and threw it into the nearest trash can.

"Let's go." Gabby said and weakly smile at me. I nodded and smiled back as we headed in the direction of Forever 21.

-----------------------------------------------

I hugged Gabby goodbye before I walked off the bus. I had two bags. I didn't buy a lot because we weren't there long. I walked back to my house and unlocked the front door with my house key. I walked up to my room and set my bags on my bed.

Bryana had told me that once I came home from school, I needed to pack a bag for the hotel we were staying at with the boys. I threw a couple of outfits into my small suitcase and gathered some toiletries together. When i was finished, I brought the suitcase downstairs and put it by the front door.

I went into the kitchen and sat down at the table and started on my homework. I heard the front door open and a few minutes later, a happy looking Bryana came in. I looked at her and gave her a confused smile. She sighed happily and sat down across from me.

"So are you excited to see the boys?" She asked me. I smiled at the thought and nodded, looking back down at my chemistry homework.

"Alright, well you keep working on that, and I will go pack my suitcase. We'll head out in about a half hour." She said patting my back before leaving to go upstairs.

A little while later, Bryana was bringing down her suitcase. I had just finished my homework and put it back into my backpack. I brought my backpack upstairs and threw it onto my bed, before grabbing my phone and heading back downstairs. Bryana was calling a cab when i got back downstairs.

A cab arrived a few minutes later and we got in. About 20 minutes later, we were at the hotel that was next to the venue. We walked into the lobby with our suitcases. Ashton tackled Bryana with a hug and started kissing her all over her face. They were honestly relationship goals. Michael and Calum ran over and hugged me. Ashton did the same when he was done greeting Bryana.

We headed to the elevator, so we could go up to our hotel room. When we reached our floor, Ashton lead us to the room we would be staying in. When he opened the door, we walked in on quite the scene. Luke and Arzaylea... doing it. I turned around and ran down the corridor to the elevator. I clicked the button that would take me to the terrace and started hitting the button to close the doors rapidly. Just as they closed I saw Michael's face.

The elevator arrived at the terrace and I stepped out. The sun had started to set and the view was absolutely breathtaking. I don't know why I stormed out like that. It was like, as soon as I saw them together, my chest tightened and I couldn't breathe. I came up her for some air, and to clear my head.

I had only been up there for a few minutes before the elevator opened again, revealing Michael. I looked back over to the lit up city. I felt Michael beside me a moment later.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. I shrugged, because I didn't know myself. He nodded and looked at the view.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." He said. I nodded and he sighed.

"Why don't we go back down to the room, okay?" He asked quietly. I nodded and followed him to the elevator. He pressed floor 7, as I leaned against the wall. It was quiet on the way down. When we reached our floor, we stepped out and walked down the hall to the room. Michael opened the door for me.

Arzaylea and Luke were gone. Bryana and Ashton were sat at the table, chatting quietly. Calum was sitting on his bed and looking at something on his phone. Michael jumped onto Calum's bed, letting out a loud 'ugh'.

"Where's Luke?" Michael asked hesitantly.

"I kicked him and Arzaylea out." Ashton responded.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kinda short, so I'm sorry.  I might stop doing author notes at the end of chapters, idk I feel like they're unnecessary.  I'll add them if there's something important, but for now I'm going to stop putting them in.  Hope you guys have a great week :)