New Friends

Kairi gripped the straps of her backpack tightly. She had just packed her stuff and been ready to spend her entire summer at a miserable camp, or so she thought.

Her old sneakers scraped against the gravel of her driveway. She slid the door to her mother's minivan open and climbed in.

After a long car ride, she had finally arrived at Camp Romance. Her mother had insisted that she go there because she hadn't had a boyfriend in over 12 years.

As soon as Kairi got out of the car, her mother drove away. She sighed as she walked towards a woman behind a desk. "Kairi Captor I presume?" She asked, looking up from some paperwork. Kairi nodded and the women directed her to a small building with a large number six on it.

There was a circle of buildings, each with a number sloppily carved into the door. There were twelve cabins in the camp as far as Kairi could tell.

In the middle of the cabins, there was a huge bonfire. Between Cabins Five and Six, there was a path towards a forest. Kairi made a self note to visit that later.

She walked towards the sixth cabin and looked around.
Inside there were two pairs of bunk beds. Kairi threw her bag on one of the top bunks and heard a groan.
She climbed the ladder leading to the top bunk and looked it over. There was a person under the covers.

The person fought around trying to free herself from the fabric cage and failed.

"Can you help me?" said a muffled voice. Kairi removed her bag and the blanket. A young girl around the same age as Kairi was there.

She had black hair and had black hair slightly above her shoulders. She wore a black hoodie and a pair of jeans.

"Haha thanks," The girl grinned.
"No problem, so I guess you're in Canin Six as well?" Kairi asked.
"Yeah, anyways, so what's your name?" The girl questioned.
"I'm Kairi, you?" She said.
"Kylie," The girl grinned.
Kairi then took her stuff back and jumped off the bunk she decided to claim the bunk underneath her. She didn't know who else would be with them, so it was better to be safe than sorry.

As she did this, the door of the cabin swung open. It was a girl with deep brown hair about to her stomach. She wore glasses, a t-shirt, a pair of jeans, a jacket around her waist, and some sneakers.
Her eyes scanned the cabin and fell on both Kairi and Kylie.

"Yo," The girl said.
"Howdy," Kairi smiled.
"Um, hi I'm Violet."
"I'm Kairi, and that''s Kylie." Kairi said while Kylie waved.
"Nice to meet 'ya." Violet said and slung her backpack onto her bag.

As Violet began sorting through her stuff, the door swung open once again.

"Heeeeeey!" said the voice.
The voice belonged to another girl. The girl had blonde hair in a pony tail with a single streak of blue. Her face consisted of blue eyes and braces. She was wearing a blue top with a green skirt and slip-on shoes.

"How's it going? My name is Amelia Peixes! Tell me all of your names!" She beamed with a toothy grin. She then shoved her fat suitcase onto the last bunk.
"I'm Kylie, the redhead is Kairi, and that chick is Violet." Kylie said.
"Niiiiiiiiiiiiice," Amelia said, then gave everyone a fist bump.

Kairi opened her bag and looked through it. There wasn't much, because the camp want to encourage communication, they didn't allow electronics.

Kairi tried to see what Amelia had, but she had blocked what she was doing.

After they had settled in, another person came in the cabin. "Hello new campers! My name is Counselor Peixes! I will be the mentor for this cabin! And this is my little girl! Right girly!?"

The counselor did double pistols at Amelia and a wink.

"AYYYYEEE!" Amelia did the same body movements towards her mother. "Welllll I will be in the counselors cabin, which is Cabinnnnnn 12!" The motherly figure then left the cabin. Kylie asked Amelia who that was and she had replied that it was her mother.

Kairi slid down the ladder and stepped outside. It seemed that everyone had been settled and were socializing near the campfire.

Kairi stuck her head in her home cabin and told everyone that they should hurry up and go outside. Kairi began to walk towards the campfire when she had been cut off by her arch enemy, Elijah Renos.

"Hey dweeb, hows it going? Still painting dumb things?" His posse began to sneer behind him. The group consisted of Jacob Leston, Jared Craper, and Dylan Pridges.  The had always been a nuisance to her at school.

"Buzz off Renos." Kairi snarled trying to duck behind him, but Jacob jumped in front of her.
"Oh leaving so soon?" The group of boys began to close in around her.

"HEY YOU DINGUSES! GIT-" A voice yelled. The boys scattered. The voice was attached to Christi Peixes, the counselor of Cabin Six.

"I hope they weren't bothering you too bad," she said.
"Nah, I'm okay, say, what's the deal with all the cabins? Like how are we organized and stuff?"

"Well it's complicated.The odd numbers go to the boy cabins, and the even numbers to girls. But each cabin sorta has a group of people. Like 1 consists of the snobby and rich boys, two consists of the popular girls, three consists of the nerdy boys, four consists of gothic girls, five consists of sporty boys, six consists of the geek girls, seven consists of the hipster boys, eight consists of the girls who are obsessed with the environment, nine consists of the boys who are furries, ten consists of the girls who are obsessed with magic, eleven consists of the counselor boys, and twelve consists of the counselor girls."  Ms. Christi sighed.

Ms. Peixes explained, "But with all these differences, it's sorta impossible for us to get along."

"Well that's dumb." another voice said from behind them. They both turned around saw Violet.

"We should do something to change it." Kylie appeared from behind them.

"Yeah, letS START A REVOLUTION!!!" Amelia screamed from behind all of them.

"Now, now girls, we can't just change everything around here like that." Her mother said.
"But nothing will change if we don't try." Kairi replied. Ms. Peixes couldn't think of a way to answer, so the girls took a seat by the bonfire.