Early Morning

Kairi had an absolutely, positively confusing dream. She was standing in a dark, wooden room with uneven walls. And then, Elijah appeared. She was tumbling through his mouth and then she saw Walker.

Kairi bolted up from her nightmare. She yawned, and stretched her arms out. She rolled off the bed and onto the floor delicately. She threw on some clothes and left the cabin.

Kairi gazed at the ashes of last night's bonfire.
"Kind of like my life I suppose..." Kairi muttered to herself.

Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder.
Her head bolted around.
"Hey..." Walker smiled.
"Oh it's you," Kairi's lips curled, "Nice to see you."

Walker sat next to Kairi.
"So how are you?" he asked. 
"I'm doing great..." She said, her cheeks turning a light shade of crimson. She turned to look at him. 

"How are you?" Kairi asked in return. 

"Fine. So, why are you up so early?" Walker questioned. 

"Oh, I had a nightmare. It was really confusing." She sighed and rested her head on her hands. Walker hovered slightly closer towards her. 

"Do you remember what is what about?" he said curiously. 

"I was falling through a mouth, then I saw someone..." She trailed off, purposely leaving out certain details. She didn't want to imagine what he would say if she told him she was dreaming about him.  

"Oh." He responded. 

The sun began to rise above the sky in the distance. An orange glow bathed the two teenagers by the previously extinguished campfire.  

Without thinking, Kairi began to lean against Walker. His face inched towards hers. She lifted her mouth to his. Their lips dusted against each other, and their faces were both red. Their kiss was brief, but perfect. Suddenly, a shriek separated them, and it had originated from Cabin One.