Authors monthly

Author's Monthly

It's that time of year again....HALLOWEEN! It's time to get all dressed up and go spook some people, just kidding, it's time to get some candy! :D

I interviewed some amazing authors and asked them Spooky questions :p

Don't be a scary cat, and read on about these terribly great author's!

First off: @pink_dandelion

1. Most popular book of yours on Wattpad. Give a small description of it.

Name of Most Popular Book: Tryst

When Skyler's long abusive relationship ends, her brother takes her under his wing to help her get through school and support her. When she moves in he explains that he has only one rule: Do not sleep, consider or even think about doing anything with his best friend, and roommate Blake. Well, now that they are all roommates, at first Skyler didn't understand why such a rule was needed, until she met him...

2. If you could meet any person in the world, alive or dead, who would it be?

I'd like to grab a cup of tea with Jane Austen, and discuss matters of life, and love. And then snicker together after as we shared stories of broken hearts, and lovers-rendezvous, regardless if they were fictional or real. haha.

3. What are some things that inspire you to write?

People, and nature. Humans are funny creatures, don't you think? haha. I mean, we are all so incredibly unique, and all so complex (well, some more than others, haha). But I think the dynamics of people and their emotions, and everything that encompasses it is so fascinating. I love writing about people and their inter-workings. I mean, my subconscious is loud and clear all the time, and I see it etched in people and in their interactions all the time that their inner voice is constant too. I love writing...about people and what they experience, because 'people' are what inspire me, and their capacity to love, and hate, and be dumb, and smart all at the same time is really phenomenal. Nearly wherever I am I people watch and take mental notes. And nature, well, nature clears my head and gives life a sense of effortless serene beauty and calm. Any writer would appreciate and take inspiration from that.

4. Advice you would give to your fans out there?

Just do it. Whatever it is. Just put one foot in front of the other and do it. I've realized in my 25 years of existence that there are not enough "do-ers". Everyone always calls me the girl who puts her mind to something and does it...and then they always add that I'm a bit crazy, but they say it fondly!. haha. But I am totally okay with that anyways, and pleased by it. Because how many people do you know who WANT to do something or have this great idea or goal, but are too scared to follow through? There is a big difference between ordinary and EXTRAORDINARY, and personally I think the difference is just the follow through. So whatever you want to do, dream it, plan it, and do it.

***

Then last but not least: @CarolinaC

1) Most popular story of your on Wattpad?

Of my stories, the one with the most reads is "The Baby and the Battlefield", which is a story of a young man, who, you guess it, finds a baby during the aftermath of a battle. It's a light fantasy novel set in a classically (mostly Roman)-inspired world. The predominant themes are friendship, family, and loyalty.

2) if you could be anything for Halloween, what would you be?

If I could be anything for Halloween . . . hmm, this is a hard choice. But, I have always wanted to wear something shockingly elaborate and yet totally accurate to some historical period. And then find a handsome young man to dress up in something suitably matching. Perhaps 17th century Western Europe would be amusing . . .

3. Favorite author of all time?

Favorite author is another hard one. I have multiple favourites, depending on the genre! I always like Ray Bradbury, though, and Stephen King, and J.R.R. Tolkien, and C.S. Lewis. I'm also a great fan of Agatha Christie and P.G. Wodehouse.

---

There were only two authors this month because there answers were just the best out of everyone :) hope you liked it and come back for the next issue!

Also a big thanks to all of you that read through this whole article! It means a lot.

Hope everyone has an AMAZINGLY SPOOKY and FUN Halloween!

Love,

Butterfly440