.:Chapter Two:.

One street has two sides. The left side could be filled by a row of houses, seemingly quiet and reserved on the outside, but bursting with life inside. The café, for instance, was busy with the morning rush. Orders being taken, warm drinks being served, and a cozy atmosphere settling inside of the small dining area would have seen welcoming to anyone passing by.

But on the right side, it was like a whole other world. It was harsher and louder as people rushed into every direction, each of them professionally dressed and hurrying into one of many skyscrapers to get to their jobs. A multitude of large corporations were centered in downtown Konoha, making it practically impossible to quickly and smoothly maneuver through the streets most days of the week. Sasuke Uchiha quickly realized this.

"Man, it's crazy here." Naruto, Sasuke's childhood friend and COO said as the two of them stood in front of their new office building.

"Hn." Sasuke hummed, not bothering to give Naruto a proper response. He simply glanced up at the large building in front of him, admiring the piece of architecture that he now owned a part of. Before purchasing the top half of the Monarchy Building, Sasuke's company had occupied a smaller, crappier building on the outskirts of the city. But after climbing up the ranks as one of the largest software companies in the industry, he concluded that they needed a flashy building to match their success.

He and Naruto watched as the moving trucks they had been waiting for pulled up to the side of the road in front of the tall building, causing all of the cars behind them to honk angrily. The burly man driving the first truck stuck his middle finger out of his window, flipping off the various cars that had passed them. He then slipped out of the driver's seat, and waddled over to Sasuke and Naruto. He scratched his butt, which was exposed by his sagging jeans, then extended it to Sasuke for a handshake.

"You Sasuke Uchiha?" He asked in a deep voice. Sasuke nodded his head in one sharp motion, not averting his ice-cold stare towards the vile man or accepting his handshake. When the mover realized his gesture was not appreciated, he dropped his hand to his side, letting it smack against his thigh.

"Right," The man said. "Well we've got you shit, where do we unload?" He asked gruffly.

"The twentieth to the fortieth floors are owned by me. If you go to the twentieth you'll find my CFO, Sakura Haruno. She'll direct your men. You go by her orders, she knows what I want to be done. Understood?" Sasuke asked him.

"Yeah I get some chick to tell me what to do, I got it." He scoffed.

"I don't need you to be a smartass, I need you to do your job. If I hear one word about you mouthing off to my CFO, you're not getting paid. Got it?" Sasuke asked through gritted teeth, trying hard not to lose his composure.

"Got it." The man said defensively, then uttered curse words directed towards Sasuke under his breath. He spoke with a few of the other workers, ordering half of them to stay with the trucks and the other half to follow him inside to discuss with Ms. Haruno.

"Do they have to be so difficult?" Sasuke asked as Naruto chuckled.

"Did you hear what he said about you under his breath? Man, I never heard someone use that word like that." The blonde teased. "So that's all you're gonna do? Authorize the delivery then stick 'em with Sakura?"

"She's always been better at dealing with morons." Sasuke said, then checked his wrist watch. "Let's get something to eat.

"Okay, ramen." Naruto said cheekily while smiling like a child.

"No." Sasuke said bluntly.

"Fine," Naruto mopped, then scanned the opposite side of the street. He was intrigued by seeing that the entire street side was made up of long rows of connecting townhouses, only breaking apart by an occasional alleyway. He thought the old brick buildings and white framed windows were an interesting contrast to the more modern and unwelcoming business side of the street. His eyes were caught on a chalkboard sign standing outside of the only white structure in a sea of chipped brick buildings. 'Espress Café' it said, with a chalkboard drawing of a steaming coffee mug below it. His stomach grumbled as he watched someone through the window turn over the small sign from, 'Sorry, we're closed' to 'Come on in, we're open!' He observed as other streetwalkers also caught notice of this, and detoured towards the café.

"Hey," Naruto said, and nudged Sasuke's side. "Let's go there."