Epilogue

You were still trying to get used to the beeping - the one from the alarm clock. You usually used your phone as your alarm, and woke up to the cheerful little ding every morning, or sometimes you just relied on your internal clock. Sasuke's alarm reminded you of the music they played in horror movies - when right before someone was murdered you heard the violin going Screech Screech! Screech! You asked Sasuke if you could change the alarm to something less murderous, but he insisted it had to stay at that setting because it was the only one that motivated him enough to get out of bed to turn it off. You hated it, of course, but didn't protest it any further. It was just another thing you'd have to get used to after moving in with Sasuke.

You kept your eyes closed and tried to drift off to sleep again. You felt Sasuke get out of the bed and heard him walk over to his dresser where he kept the alarm. You cracked one eye open just to watch what he was doing. He stretched and ran his hands through his hair a few times before he looked at you still lying in the bed. You immediately closed your eyes.

He walked over to your side of the bed and ran a hand through your bed head once before saying, "I'll give you ten minutes," then walked out of the bedroom, knowing you were awake but letting you sleep a bit longer. Ten minutes later he came back in, dropped a box of Frosted Flakes flakes on you and told you to get up, then started getting ready. This little interaction had started to become routine for the two of you since you moved in almost a month ago. It was always a good way to start the morning.

After the two of you got ready and you got down to the lobby of his apartment building, Sasuke started to veer towards where the attached parking garage was. You grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards the front doors that led onto the street. "Nuh uh, today's Friday. We're walking," you said. Walking to work was something you introduced to Sasuke after living together, and after a lengthy debate of whether you'd walk three days a week and take the car two days or the other way around, he finally gave in, so every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you walked together. You imagined you two were quite the sight walking down the street together. He was always wearing an important-looking suit and carrying around a heavy briefcase, while you wore beaten up jeans and shirts with questionable stains. It was funny seeing the looks of people who stared at you, and you and Sasuke made a game out of pointing out the gawkers and making up what they were thinking about you.

Sasuke pointed back at a middle-aged cop who was eyeing you suspiciously. "He's probably waiting for you to jump me and steal my watch."

"Or slip your wallet out of your pocket," you added, and Sasuke chuckled. You loved when you could make him laugh.

You both walked into Espress a couple of minutes later and heard the cheerful bell above the door ring as usual. It was just a few minutes past opening time but there were already two tables of people looking over their menus.

"You're late," Emiko said as she walked past you with a tray of drinks which she delivered to the couple sitting by the windows.

"She slept in," Sasuke said, ratting you out.

"He let me," you countered, and elbowed Sasuke gently.

"We get it, you're adorable," Rin exasperated as she rolled her eyes. "I really need a boyfriend," she mumbled afterwards. She tossed you your apron from behind the front counter and you caught it clumsily.

"Y/N! Sasuke!" Sora said cheerfully as she came down the stairs, holding onto the railing. She looked beautiful as always - this September was cooler than the last, so she was wearing a warm looking cardigan over a soft tank top that showed off her growing belly. She was only 8 weeks pregnant, but you could still notice her baby bump.