.:Chapter Seventeen:.

One thing that you learned about Sasuke, was that he was an absolute workaholic. You guessed that someone in his position would have to be, but you never really saw it in him until you really started to get to know him. Your friendship bloomed, and so did you realization that he was busy nearly 24/7. Your schedules collided most of the time. He was busy every weekday, even after work hours he was in his office working. He told you that the three days that you spent with him, when you two would just spend the rest of the day off work goofing off and hanging out, he really fell behind, and he promised himself that he would never let that happen again. He was interested in you, but his work came first. Always.

His weekends were usually pretty clear, but you still worked dinner on Saturdays and you woke up extremely late in the morning, so you really only had Sundays and the slim time between your awakening and work on Saturday to hang out. Add in helping out with a few wedding details with Sora, and you were pretty much booked.

It was a lazy Sunday morning in late November. Sasuke was over in your apartment after you texted him, saying that you were immensely bored and needed someone to annoy. There wasn't much annoying going on though. The two of you were silent as you sat on the couch; the TV was on but no one was watching, and the room was empty of conversation. He was slouched on the couch with his feet resting on the coffee table and his laptop sat in his lap. He'd been typing nonstop for the past hour while you flipped through a bridal magazine, looking for dress idea for Sora like she asked all the girls to do. She had lots to do with only five months until the wedding, and you and the rest of the girls were trying your best to make the planning process as stress-less as possible. You sighed as you flipped through the magazine, and somewhere between the pages you stopped picturing Sora in the dresses and started picturing yourself. Marriage hadn't been on your mind since you were a little girl, and you played pretend with the boy next door.

You glanced up from your magazine and looked at Sasuke, who was sitting on the other side of the sectional that you were laying across. "Have you ever thought about marriage?" you asked, then quickly diverted your gaze back onto the magazine before he caught your eye.

You saw him take his eyes off his screen for a split second and the clicking of his keyboard pause. "No, I haven't," he said, then resumed what he was doing.

"Are you not interested in marriage?" you asked.

"It's just never crossed my mind. It's not really a priority." He looked at you again. "Are you?"

You sighed. "I don't know. I mean, every girl's thought about it once in their young life. I did. But I guess I'm like you now. It's not a priority to me either," you said, and you knew he was paying attention because he wasn't typing and his eyes focused hazily on a single spot on his screen. "It would be nice though, one day," you said a bit quietly, and slouched further into your lying position and continued to look through your magazine. You remembered something.

"Oh," you said and slid off the couch. You ruffled your hair as you stepped over to the dining table where your purse was sitting. You dug through it and pulled out three perfect little envelopes. You held them out to Sasuke, who simply paused his work and stared at them in your hand. "I got you your invites," you said, and he finally took them from your hand. Your fingers brushed together.

"Thanks," he muttered, then put them aside.

"Make sure you get those to Naruto and Hinata. If they don't show up, I'm allowed to shoot the messenger," you said, then plopped down next to him on the couch. You peered over his lap to look at what he was so busy working on. A series of documents and graphs and charts were simultaneously open, and Sasuke went from window to window, working on each one for a matter of seconds before switching to another. You wondered how he could work like that.

"Can I help you with something?" he mumbled when you'd been staring for so long.

"How do you do that?" you asked, ignoring his annoyed question.

"Do what?"

"That," you said, and he rolled his eyes. "How can you work on so many things at once? No way that's actually efficient."

"It's called multitasking," he said dully.

"What you're doing is a step above multitasking," you chuckled and got up to go to the kitchen.

"To you, multitasking is bringing two different cups of coffee to two different tables," he said, and you scoffed at him. It was normal for the two of you to joke about each other's careers. While you made fun of how he was a stuffy stick in the mud who sat in a leather chair all day and acted important, he joked around about you spending all day waiting on stuffy sticks in the mud. You weren't embarrassed about your job, but sometimes you did feel insecure around others. Everyone was progressing with their lives, or they already achieved something amazing with their careers. You felt stuck. You hadn't really admitted that to Sasuke, but gladly he never went overboard with the insults, so you never had to.

߶