.:Chapter Eight:.

You laid in your room with the bottom half of your body laying across your bed and your torso hanging off of the mattress. You had two extra bodies in your bedroom; Rin flipping through your closet and Miki lounging on the other side of your bed. The silence between the three of you was only interrupted by the occasional page flipping of Miki's magazine and clothes hangers clacking. Eventually you had enough of no one speaking, and sighed loudly.

"Where's Emiko with our food?" you whined, and rolled completely off of the mattress.

Rin shrugged, and continued to flip through the same set of hangers that she had already searched through three times before. You pushed yourself up from the floor to lean against the wall beside your closet. "You know," you said with another sigh. "No matter how many times you go through my clothes, you're not gonna find anything new."

She hummed, but didn't stop. "One can hope." She paused on one hanger and took a second to admire, then shook her head and continued through down the rack. "You don't have any date clothes," she said.

You shrugged, and plopped back down onto the bed next to Miki's feet. "I haven't been on many dates. I've been, you know, busy."

Rin shot you a sideways glance, then snorted. "Busy doing what."

You shrugged again, unsure of what to say. If you were being honest, since you'd dropped out of college, not much had been happening in your life. The only two reasons you really went out were because of work or your friends wanted to go out. Dating had been off your plate for as long as you could remember. Your last boyfriend had been your high school sweetheart, whom you dumped just after graduation. You told him you needed to focus on your education, and wanted a clean slate for when you re-entered the world as a big time journalist. What a joke that turned out to be. You remained single ever since. Dating hadn't really appealed to you, and it still didn't. You were never the type to date for fun, and rarely accepted a guy unless you could truly see the two of you working out. Your friends constantly questioned this, and told you that you were young and shouldn't waste your time trying to find the perfect man. You didn't understand what was so fun about being in a relationship with an average guy who you knew you were going to dump at some point. You'd rather spend your life searching for the perfect guy, than to settle with a guy you met in a crowded bar.

"I know I have a bunch of dresses. I wear them when we go out, why can't I wear one of those?" you asked, knowing for a fact that there were at least five cute dresses hanging somewhere in your mess of a closet.

"Nuh-uh," Rin shook her head. "You wear those when we go to bars and clubs. This is a sushi date, which means you're not trying to look like a sex-bomb, you're trying to look cute."

You rolled your eyes. "Isn't 'cute' more Miki's forte?" you asked, and leaned back on your hands.

Rin thought for a moment, then said, "You're right." She pulled a hanger off of the rack, and held it out in front of her to show off. "Miki, what do you think about this?"

Miki glanced up from her magazine and gave the lacy black dress one look, before shaking her head and silently returning to her reading. Rin sighed, but put the dress back and continued her search.

"I don't get it," you said. "It's not like I'm trying to impress this guy, I'm just going because he needs a fourth person. It's not even a date for me."

Rin turned to you with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. "Oh really? You're not interested in Sasuke at all?"

"I mean," you said, and leaned completely back against the bed, "he's attractive, I'm not blind. But he was such an asshole, and he still kind of is. I just don't really think we'd click."