.:Chapter Fifteen:.

"Are you done being mad at me?" You, Rin, and Emiko sat around a small square table in a restaurant just a few doors down from Espress. You left the busy café in favour of the little bistro that would remain quiet until the dinner rush rolled around. You sat in the outside dining area, which was in front of the building and cut off from the main street by a short metal gate. The air was still chilly, but today was one of the rare warm days before the temperature truly dropped. You three were waiting for your waiter to retrieve your orders from the kitchen, and between his visits to your table and asking typical waiter questions, the only noise that was made come from the pedestrians roaming the sidewalks and angry honks from speeding cars.

"No," she said stubbornly, taking so long to answer that you nearly forgot your initial question. You rolled your eyes in annoyance. You were once apologetic for being so late to work without a word, but it'd been hours since and Emiko was still angry. Rin, who was also fed up with this dance going on between the two of you, was the one who dragged the both of you down to the bistro to settle things. She seemed to silently agree that Emiko was blowing this way out of proportion, but you both knew how she could get.

"Well when are you going to stop being mad?" you asked. She shrugged in response.

"Oh, come on." Rin rolled her eyes while groaning in annoyed disbelief. "Emiko, the girl's suffered enough, just forgive her."

Emiko glared at Rin now. "So you're on her side now?" She asked and raised an eyebrow at Rin. "You were just as mad as I was."

"It's been seven hours," Rin said and looked at her with a bored expression that said, 'Really.'

"She was three hours late," Emiko said to Rin like you weren't even there.

"I said I was sorry," you said, cutting into their debate. "I am, really. I know I should have set my alarm, I just forgot. I vow to never be late again."

Emiko sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "It wasn't just that you were late," she said sadly and bit her lip. "I was really worried. You didn't text me yesterday after you were supposed to go home with him, and you promised you would tell me his address. I just figured you forgot, but then you don't come into work the next morning, and you're not answering any of mine or Rin's calls of texts. I thought something happened to you," she said worriedly, and suddenly you felt like an asshole again.

You put your hand over hers and connected her gaze. "I'm sorry," you said for the hundredth time today. "I know how sketchy that must've seemed, and I know how worried you get. I should've been more considerate." Emiko reminded you a lot of Sora in the way that she acted like a mother sometimes. She got angry when she was relieved, but she just wanted the best for you and to make sure you were safe.

"It's okay," she said and smiled sadly. "I overreacted, I know. God, I'm turning into my mother," she said and put her head in her hands, and you and Rin laughed.

"Aw, that's what I like to see," Rin said. "I hate when you guys fight."

"I do too," you said, and glanced at Emiko. "Emiko's scary when she's angry."

"Am not!" she protested.

"Are too," you and Rin said in unison, and laughed together when Emiko glared at the both of you. You relaxed in your seat and smiled warmly at your two best friends. That was one thing in your life fixed. Now if your apartment could get back to normal, your whole life could go back to normal.