.:Chapter Twenty:.

You woke up in an apartment that wasn't yours, in a bed you'd never slept in, next to a body you didn't immediately recognize. You sat up, feeling more hungover than you'd ever felt. You whimpered and rubbed your eyes with your hands as you tried to remember last night's events. The last thing you could remember clearly was meeting Sakura, and everything after that was one huge blur. Who did you go home with? Did you hook up with a guy from Sasuke's office? You froze.

Sasuke.

You remembered the view and the bean bags and the beers, but most of all, you remembered Sasuke. You remembered kissing him – a lot – but had you gone any further? All of your clothes were still on – except that they weren't your clothes, but instead a t-shirt that belonged to Sasuke. That wasn't a good sign. You looked over at Sasuke, who was laying far on the other side of the bed. He was laying on his side and facing away from you, but you could see that he was shirtless.

"Oh my god," you breathed out. Your heart was racing faster than it ever had before. Your face flushed red and your entire body felt hot and embarrassed within a second. You slowly and carefully pulled yourself towards Sasuke. You were careful to not rattle the bed too much as you got close to him, and peered over his body to look at his face. His eyes were closed and his breathing was soft, so you assumed he was asleep. But then he opened one eye and hummed questioningly, and the two of you held eye contact for an awkward minute before you squealed and scurried away from him. Although you were clothed, you covered your body with the blanket and sat up and alert.

Sasuke seemed much more nonchalant. He simply pulled himself into a sitting position, then stretched his arms above his head and let out a big yawn. He rubbed his eyes sleepily, then looked at you with an entirely bored expression.

"Good morning," he said in a husky voice.

"What happened?" you asked, trying your best not to sound frantic, but your voice came out a pitch higher than you usually sounded.

"I brought you back here after the party," he said.

Your eyes widened. "Did... did we..."

"No," he said. You were thankful that he cut off your stuttering. "We didn't."

"Oh thank God," you said and fell back onto the pillows. You let out a huge breath of relief. "You're so much better at being drunk than me."

He looked at you with a cocked eyebrow. "Would it really be that horrible if we did?" he asked jokingly.

"Don't tease, I nearly had a heart attack," you said and rubbed your eyes. "I was so embarrassingly drunk." He grunted in agreement. "So, what did happen last night?"

He sighed. "Well, you remember the party?" he asked. You nodded. "And you remember the beers." You nodded again. "And you remember the... kiss." You nodded again, although this time you felt embarrassed and looked away from him. You remembered the kiss the most of all. And you explicitly remembered it being a good kiss. "Well after that, we snuck out of the office and came to my place. We got to my room and things were... happening. But then I stopped everything because you were drunk and it was wrong, and you know, you're my friend. I gave you something to change into, left the room, and when I came back you were passed out in my bed. I didn't want to wake you up," he explained.

"Good," you said. There was an awkward moment of silence. "So, are we gonna talk about it?" you asked.

"About what?" he asked innocently. He narrowed his eyes and looked away from you, but you could still see a bit of blush on his face.

You rolled your eyes. "The kiss. Or kisses, I guess. What, are you five? We can't have a mature conversation about what happened?"

Sasuke snorted. "Sure, I'm immature. You couldn't even ask if we had sex."

You covered your ears and flushed furiously. "Stop it!"

"Sex," he said louder, and scooted a little closer to you.

"Sasuke!" you warned. Each time he scooted closer to you, you moved away, until you were at the edge of the bed and the gap between you two was getting smaller and smaller.

"Sex," he said again. Each time he said the word you got even more flustered. When he was right next to you, your heart beat picked up again. You squeezed your eyes shut.

"Sasuke, I swear," you said, although it was a struggle to get out that small sentence without turning into a stuttering mess.

His leg was touching yours now, and his face was close. You caught yourself looking at his bare chest and blushed even more and tried looking at anything in the room besides him. Your vision was blocked when his face was directly in front of yours, and you were forced to look into his onyx eyes.

"You and I," he said in a low whisper, "almost had sex." You felt his words on your lips – he was that close to you. Neither of you made a move to get closer or further yourselves from each other. You were too stunned, and admittedly attracted to him, to move away.

After what felt like eternity, Sasuke muttered, "Fuck it" and crashed his lips onto yours. You were shocked for only a second before you melted into him and began moving your lips against his. He hovered over you, keeping one hand leaning on the mattress to steady himself and one hand firmly on your waist, while your hands were wandering everywhere. His hair, his chest, his back; you familiarized yourself with his body and in an instant he felt like home.

When you broke away to catch your breath, he leaned his forehead against yours and you found yourself staring into those dark eyes of his again. "Now we have two kissing incidents we need to talk about," you said in between deep breaths.

He shook his head gently and pecked you on the nose. "We don't need to talk about anything," he said and kissed you just as he did before. The two of you clung on to each other and got tangled yourselves in the bedsheets as you shared a million sober kisses. And you had to admit, that these were much, much better.

-