.:Chapter Twenty-Four:.

As the wedding grew closer, Sasuke's company got busier. You didn't know much about what Sasuke did, other than his company was software related, and since you knew pretty much nothing about computers, everything he said flew right over your head. All you knew was that they were working on a major update in their system and the whole office had been busy for weeks. So busy that the only time that you could see him during the weekdays was taking off an hour from work to bring him lunch and eat with him in his office. The café had been less busy than usual lately, so Emiko and Rin could handle the customers on her own for a little while you went to see Sasuke.

"Here you go," you said to him and handed him a takeout box with his favourite salmon bagel.

"Thank you," he said, then set it down on his desk and lifted off the top. You handed him a water bottle and a little bag of chips, then sat down in an armchair on the other side of his desk. You unwrapped your own sandwich and unscrewed your bottle, then once you were settled you looked at the stacks of files on his desk.

"What's all this?" you asked.

"Work," he said, sounding stressed. "I'd rather not talk about it."

"Okay then," you said and took a bite from your sandwich. "Then let's talk about your present for Sora and Kou's wedding. Did you get one yet?"

"I have to get them one?" he asked, distracted by his bagel.

"Yes," you said defensively.

"Well what did you get them?"

"A motion sensor soap dispenser."

Sasuke nearly chocked on his food. "A what?"

"A motion sensor soap dispenser," you repeated with a bit of edge in your voice. You knew he was about to make fun of you.

"Why the hell would you buy them that?"

"Hey, it's cool!" you said defensively.

"Is it?"

"Yes, it is. It's something you wouldn't buy for yourself, but it's a cool gift to receive, you know?"

"I don't."

You rolled your eyes. "Do you at least have any idea on what you're going to get them?"

"Can't I just get in on yours?" he asked and stole a chip from your bag after finishing his own.

"No way. My gift is too good, I'm not letting anyone in on it."

"Okay, well what do you suggest I buy instead?"

"How about..." I thought and taped my index finger against my chin. "A silver antique tea set."

He rolled his eyes. "Seriously?"

"I know Sora's always wanted one. If you bought her one you'd be her favourite person."

Sasuke sighed and rubbed his eyes. He'd finished his food and had all his trash packed up in his takeout box then dumped it in the trash bin beside his desk. He looked at all the files piled on his desk, and he sighed again. "Well, we'll see."

You didn't know if Sasuke bought a gift in the next week, since you didn't have much time to talk to him. But if he rarely had anytime to call you and chat, then you doubted he had any time to go to the store and browse for a wedding gift.

Currently you were at a fitting for the wedding; all the girls were getting their bridesmaids dresses altered today. You stood on a small round platform in front of a three panel mirror while the seamstress circled around you like a shark. The other girls were sitting on a couple of loveseats behind you, all waiting in their dresses, a few with pins sticking out of their dresses in different places. Your dress, a sleeveless dusty pink chiffon dress with a sweetheart neckline and white satin belt just like the others, fit you pretty decently, except that it was a little loose around the waist and chest and if you moved too much the whole dress would slip off.

"I can't believe there's only a month until the wedding," Rin said excitedly from the loveseat.

"A month and two days, to be exact," Emiko corrected.

"It's crazy," you said excitedly. "They've been engaged for so long I sometimes forget they aren't already married."

"Which of us do you think is gonna be the next to get married?" Rin asked.

"(Y/N)," Suki said immediately.

"Yes, (Y/N)."

"Definitely."

"W-What?" you asked. "Why me?"

"Well, you are the only one of us in a committed relationship," Emiko said.

"So? That doesn't mean Sasuke and I are going to get married."

"Do you think you will?"

You blushed. "I don't know. We've been dating for like, two and a half months. It's a little early to be thinking about marriage. We're not that serious yet."

"How serious are you?"

"Well we're exclusive. We celebrated Valentine's Day together. Um, he might've told me he loved me," you said a bit shyly.

"He what?" the girls shrieked.

You hadn't told the girls that Sasuke almost said he loved you for one reason, and that was that he hadn't even said he loved you. He was a confusing man, Sasuke Uchiha. He got you a necklace that said you were loved, but he didn't say he loved you himself. What if he didn't mean it? What if it really was just a necklace? You'd spent endless nights just thinking about it, and you didn't want to ask him about it. Because, well, it was a bit awkward.

"Don't freak out, okay? I said he might've said he loved me." you said.

"What do you mean, 'might've'?" Rin asked.

You explained the situation to them, and they were just as confused as you were.

"What's wrong with him?" Suki asked.

"Suki!" the other girls scolded, but she shrugged her shoulders.

"What?" she asked coldly.

"No, she's right," you said. "Am I just overreacting, or do I have a right to be confused?"

"You definitely have a right to be confused," Rin agreed. "But you should just talk to him. Don't let your paranoia complicate things."

"I'm not paranoid," you mumbled.

"Or you could just forget about it," Emiko said. "Don't dwell on it. Wait for him to actually say 'I love you', or if he doesn't, then it really was just a necklace. But don't spend all your time thinking about it, it's useless."

"I guess you're right," you said. "I just need to relax. I guess I'm kind of rusty at being in a relationship."

"At least you're in a relationship," Rin complained. "Let me tell you about the date I went on last night, oh my God..."

As the girls went around sharing more dating stories, you forgot about your Sasuke problem. In all honestly, you were being a little paranoid. But that was only because you actually really liked Sasuke, and you wanted everything to go as smooth as possible. But what you failed to remember was that when it was never easy when it came to Sasuke.