.:Chapter Twenty-Seven:.

You woke up the next morning in an empty bed, and you half expected to walk out into the living room and see that Sasuke had packed up his things and left during the night. But when you crawled out of bed and neared the door, you could hear shuffling coming from the other room and the smell of bacon wafting in through the cracks of the doors. Curiously, you opened the door and slowly shuffled out into the living room. You looked to your right, and saw Sasuke in the kitchen, cooking something over the stove.

He glanced up at you. "Good morning," he said, then focused on what he was pushing around in the pan.

"Good morning," you said a bit warily and lingered around the kitchen area. "What are you doing?"

He looked at you and cocked his eyebrow. "What does it look like I'm doing?" he asked.

You rolled your eyes. "Nevermind," you said as you tried to scooch your way past Sasuke and get to the coffee machine. "What time did you wake up?"

"Five," he answered.

You looked at the clock on the wall. It was eight o'clock. "You've been up for three hours?" you asked dubiously.

"I'm an early riser," he said and shrugged his shoulders.

"You went to bed pretty late last night. Did you get enough sleep?" you asked.

"I'm used to this. My sleep schedule is usually like this."

"That's not very healthy," you said a bit worriedly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Grab some plates, the food is done," he said, transferring the bacon from the pan onto a plate. He either ignored you, or he hadn't heard you, but you figured it was the former. You grabbed two plates from the cupboard then brought them over to the table where Sasuke had a steaming breakfast waiting for you.

You placed a plate in from of him. "It looks great," you said thankfully, then leaned down to kiss his cheek before sitting down across from him. You sat together in silence as you filled your plates and stuffed your faces. When you slowed down to catch your breath, you asked him, "So what exactly were you working on last night?"

He wiped his mouth with a napkin, then said, "Stuff for a meeting I've scheduled for a few weeks from now. It's basically just a gathering of the important people in the company and people we need to push the company forward."

"Sounds important," you said and poked at your bacon.

"It is."

"A lot of important stuff is happening soon," you said, thinking about the wedding. Then you thought whether Sasuke finally got a gift for Sora and Kou yet, and if not, whether he would have time to get it. "What day is the meeting?" you asked.

"April 8th," he said absentmindedly.

Your fork slipped out of your hand and clattered to your plate. Sasuke looked at you questioningly. "April 8th?" you asked.

"That's what I said," he said monotonously.

"Sasuke," you said seriously. "The wedding is on the 8th."

"Huh?" he asked, as if he didn't know there was a wedding in the first place.

"The wedding. Sora and Kou. Their wedding that I invited you to months ago. Ringing any bells?" you asked.

"Oh, right," he said casually.

"Are you being serious right now?" you asked. "You really scheduled your big company thing on the same day as the wedding?"

"I must have forgotten to put it in my calendar," he said, then pulled out his phone and began scrolling through it. He nodded. "It's not in here," he said, then put his phone back in his pocket.

"Why are you being so casual about this?" you asked. "What are you going to do?"

"What do you mean?" he asked and narrowed his eyes at you.

"I mean are you going to reschedule the meeting?"

"Why?" he asked. "I think the obvious solution is for me to skip the wedding."

You sat back in your chair and folded your arms. "You can't be serious."

"I am. Your friends won't care if I'm there or not, but I need to be at my meeting."

"I can't believe this," you scoffed and shook your head.

"Why are you getting so worked up over this?" he asked accusingly. "I don't know these people. I shouldn't have even been invited in the first place."

"You've met them," you said, remembering the times that you dragged Sasuke to a party or group gathering to hang out with your friends.

"But I don't know them," he argued.

"Well that's not the point," you said. "These people are my family, and this wedding is important to all of us. It's important to me. And I wanted you to be there. You knew about the wedding for months, and now you organize some meeting to be on the same day?"

"It's not just some meeting, it's important."

"You're the CEO of the entire company, surely you can change the date."

He scoffed. "Yeah, that's professional. I change the date just so I can go to the wedding of my girlfriend's friend."

You huffed. "If you didn't want to go to the wedding you could've just told me. You didn't have to schedule an entire meeting just to get out of it." Sasuke had been vocal about how he didn't truly want to go to the wedding a few times before. He said he hated weddings, and he didn't want to waste time shopping for a gift for strangers. You thought maybe he was using a meeting as an excuse to get out of it.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't be so childish. It isn't about me wanting to go to the wedding or not, I just made a tiny mistake."

You sighed, then took a breath to collect your thoughts. You really didn't want to fight with him. You knew work was important to him, but it was starting to become too much for you. Blowing off a few casual plans was fine with you, but you'd been rambling on about how important the wedding was to you for months, and the fact that he completely blew it off hurt you. But you were willing to try and compromise. "What time is the meeting?"

"Three, but I have to be there beforehand."

"The ceremony is at two, so you'll have to miss it," you said and sighed again. "How long will the meeting last?"

"A few hours."

"So then you can catch the reception later at five."

"Maybe," he said, and you huffed.

"Maybe. Why the maybe, what else is going on?" you asked.

"There's some work that needs to be done after meetings. And it's tradition to go out for drinks after."

You groaned and put your head in your hands. "God, Sasuke. You're not even willing to skip out on some stupid tradition to try and make it to the wedding."

"It's not stupid," he muttered, but when he saw how upset you looked, he sighed. "Okay, okay. I promise I'll try to make it to the reception."

You slowly shook your head, then dropped your hands to your sides and looked at him seriously. "Fine," you said, then stood up from the table. "But I can't promise that I'll be okay if you skip out on me."