.:Chapter Thirty:.

Receptions were your favourite part of any wedding. Sure, the ceremonies were always beautiful, and of course emotional. But after that came the reception, where there was dancing and food and of course, alcohol. After the ceremony, Kou and Sora ran back down the aisle and into their old car that had 'Just Married!' painted on the back window in white letters, and tin cans on strings dragging behind them from their bumper. You waited outside the church with all of the other guests and watched them drive off. You were supposed to follow them with all the other bridesmaids and groomsmen to a nearby park where wedding pictures were being taken, but before you were dragged off, you searched the crowd for Naruto. You had questions, and he was the only person who could answer them. You spotted his blond head, smiling and cheering with all of the other guests as if he was a member of their family. You pushed through the small crowd to reach him, but heard Emiko calling your name. Naruto heard it too, because he began looking around, then smiled when his eyes landed on you.

"Hey!" he called loudly, and started pushing past people to get to you too. He almost reached you, until Emiko suddenly appeared in front of you and grabbed your arm.

"Come on, everyone's waiting," she said and pulled you to another waiting car, where everyone else was already sitting.

You looked back at Naruto and waved apologetically, then yelled, "We'll talk at the reception!" He smiled again, like he always did, and gave you a thumbs up. You were pulled into the car and sat squished between all your friends as you drove to the park.

***

An hour later, you were standing under a large white tent over a pavemented in the middle of the park. The tent had long strings of lights running across the ceiling, rows of prettily decorated dining tables and chairs, a table for guests to put their presents, a line of tables where the buffet would be served, a bar, and a small area for dancing with a band playing next to it. You thought it was spectacular.

You stood by the gift table, where you and the others had already put your presents for the bride and groom, and took the gifts the guests handed you to stack them neatly on the table, just like Emiko told you to. When she first assigned the job to you, you hated her. You questioned why there even needed to be someone sorting the presents, surely the guests were capable of putting their own gifts on the table. But she assured you that it was necessary. Personally, you just thought she'd gone mad with power. But now you were secretly glad. You got to see every person that walked in, which meant that it'd be easy to find Naruto and ask him about Sasuke.

"Where is he?" you asked yourself quietly when half of the guests had already arrived, and Naruto was still nowhere to be seen.

"Where is who?" someone asked behind you. You jumped, then spun around to see Sora standing behind you with a questioning look on her face. You went speechless every time you saw her. She looked stunning in her wedding dress, and she was glowing under the golden lights.

"Um, no one," you said quickly.

She smiled suddenly, then took your hand in hers. "Well I have some pretty good news. You know the magazine Clear?" she asked, and you nodded. You were familiar with Clear, which was a growing magazine that dealt with topics relating to business, politics, entertainment and society. It was one of the lesser known magazines, but had grown popularity in the last few months and had a promising future. "Well, I have an old family friend who works there and he said he's looking for fresh new journalists. I told him about you, and he wants me to introduce you. Isn't that great?" she asked, with a huge smile.

Your face dropped. "But, I'm not a journalist."

"You studied journalism in college, didn't you? And I know've done some articles that got published before."