.:Chapter Twelve:.

The place will be back up and running by Thursday. Can you find somewhere to crash for a few nights?

You reread the text multiple times, only growing more frustrated each time. Simon had sent it to you five minutes earlier, and you had yet to respond.

Yeah, I'll be fine. You sent the text with a tap of your thumb, then slipped your phone back into your pocket. You sighed as you ran a hand over your head, then tucked both of your hands into your back pockets, which was something you normally did when you didn't know what to do with your hands. It was your thinking stance.

Sasuke still sat at his table by the wall, although by the look of his empty plate, he would soon be leaving. You hadn't told him if you were going to take his offer or not, and you guessed that your window of opportunity was closing. You were strongly considering taking him up on his offer. The only other places you had to go was into a hotel, or upstairs on a broken couch. His offer sounded a lot more appealing.

There was always the argument that you didn't know him well enough. You'd gone out with him the night before, but that was the first time. You'd only ever had casual conversations with him, and the only time that you had seen him outside of the café, besides yesterday, was when you hand-delivered his lost wallet to him at his office. He seemed trustworthy enough, and although he was an ass to you at first, you warmed up to him and his cold personality.

You sighed as you approached their table, bringing their bill along with you. You tossed it down onto the table, and reached for it to examine the small slip of paper. You cleared your throat to capture his attention. He looked up at you expectantly.

"I thought about your offer," you said, tucking your hands back into your pockets. He was an eyebrow. "Um, if it's still cool with you, it'd be great if you let me crash at your place for a few nights," you said awkwardly.

"Really?" he said, asking in not a confused manner, but more in a way that he was double checking if you were sure about your decision.

"Yeah," you said, and nodded along with your answer. "It'll only be three nights, I'm back in my place by Thursday."

"That's fine," he said, and threw some money onto the table next to the bill. Naruto tossed his share down with it. "What time do you get off work?"

"Three."

"I get off at five," he said, and thought for a moment. "After work, go back to your apartment and get what you need while you're staying with me. Come to my building and wait for me at my secretary's desk, do you remember the floor?" You nodded. "Wait for me there, and then I'll bring you to my apartment. Okay?" You nodded again.

"Thank you, really," you said sincerely, and he only nodded in response. He left after this conversation, with a speechless Naruto who trailed after him, muttering a 'goodbye' to you as they left. He was in utter disbelief that you actually agreed to stay a few nights at his jerk of a best friend's apartment.

¤¤¤

After you got off of work, you headed straight home to pack up a few things. You were always horrible at over-packing, but this time you made sure to pack only the things that you would need. Three outfits, three pairs of pajamas, underwear, toiletries, laptop, phone charger, a few books, nail files, notebooks, a mini fan... by the time you finished packing, your suitcase was bursting and refused to close, and you realized that once again, you have overdone it. You took out the things that you had to convince yourself you wouldn't need, and your suitcase easily zipped closed. There was half an hour until you needed to be at Sasuke's office, so you thought you would head down to the café now, and wait there for a little while.