.:Chapter Three:.

It was Thursday morning, a sunny day in mid-September. Outside was still warm, and would remain so until the chilly October weather took over in just a few weeks. You'd been working the breakfast shift at Espress, as you did every weekday, and looked at your watch in relief as you realized that lunch hours were nearly ending. As soon as the clock struck 3:00, you would be off duty and back at home. To this day, you still loved the short commute from your tiny apartment to the café. It had proven to be especially useful over the past few days.

On Tuesday the company, which you had still not bothered to learn about, had officially moved into the Monarchy building. You watched from inside of the café as a hundred or so cars had been added into the already busy morning traffic, all of them turning into the underground parking garage that was attached to the Monarchy. Not only was traffic busier, but around lunchtime Espress got a load of new customers. You'd never seen their faces before, but it was pretty obvious that they were all workers of the new company due to their business attire and anxious conversations about getting 'lost around the new office'.

Kou and Sora were thrilled with the new rise in customers, as were you. As long as the raven-haired asshole didn't show up again. He hadn't visited Espress on Tuesday or Wednesday, and during today's breakfast rush there was no sight of him. This obviously pleased you, since he was one of the most heinous customers that you'd ever had the displeasure of serving. You even wished that he would move across the world just to eliminate any way of the two of you bumping into each other ever again. It's such a shame, and he was so pretty too, you said in your head, thinking about how if he was actually a decent human being, you might actually have been attracted to him.

On the opposing side of the street, Sasuke was having similar thoughts about you. Although instead of wishing for your extinction, he was hoping for quite the opposite. Ever since his breakfast visit on Monday, you had been popping into his mind at random moments. It frustrated him as to why your image was the first thing he thought about when he had nothing else occupying his thoughts. Of course, you were extremely attractive in his eyes. But he came across beautiful woman every day, and even had countless amounts of them throwing themselves at him. Maybe it was your patience that struck him. He knew that he was a less than pleasant customer, and even admitted to himself that he acted like that on purpose. He craved your presence beside him, and found pleasure in having you serve him. He was a proud man, and having someone like you catering to his every need with a pretty little smile on your face gave him satisfaction. He didn't believe in love at first sight, but if he did, you were it.

"Sasuke!" Naruto said loudly, barging into his office without even knocking on his closed door first. "I'm hungry, let's go grab lunch."

Sasuke rolled his eyes and tried to ignore Naruto's whining. "I'm working," he answered sharply.

"You've been working all morning, you gotta eat. Come on, let's go to the place across the street. Espresso?" Naruto wondered, forgetting the name of the little café.

Sasuke's ears perked up. "Espress," he corrected.

"Yeah, whatever. All I know is that I'm starving, and you're coming with me." When Naruto received no response from his boss, he rolled his eyes, then put on a sly smirk. "Come on, I bet you'll get to see that cute waitress again," he teased.

Sasuke's face heated up only slightly at the mention of you, but there was no evidence on his face. He simply stood up, sighed and agreed, pretending that he wasn't happy with being able to see you again.

¤¤¤

Your worst nightmare walked in about ten minutes later. Your day had been going great, but the second you saw his face coming in through the door, you mood dropped to below zero. He sauntered over to the table that he had sat in just a few days before, with his blonde friend following behind him. You groaned from behind the barista counter as you watched him slip off his suit jacket and hang it on the back of his chair, then sit down and pick up his menu.

"Look who's back," Emiko said teasingly as she passed by you with a tray full of food. You rolled your eyes, put on a happy face, and mentally prepared yourself before approaching him.

"Look who's back," you said as you strolled up to the two men, repeating Emiko's teasing words in a friendly voice. The blond smiled at you, while the noirette just scanned his menu.

"Hey, it's you," the blond said and smiled. "I didn't catch your name the first time we were here."

"It's (Y/N)."

"Pretty," he complimented. "I'm Naruto, and this is my buddy, Sasuke," he introduced, but Sasuke remained quiet.

"Well Naruto and Sasuke, what can I get you guys?" you asked.

"How about a blueberry tea and club sandwich," Naruto ordered from his menu, then smiled up at you when he finished reading off of it. You quickly scribbled it down on your notepad, then looked up at Sasuke.

"And for you?" you asked.

His head snapped up off of his menu and stared straight into your eyes. Like he was challenging you. "I want what I had on Monday."

"Dude," Naruto said, and shoved his shoulder from across the table. "Do you actually expect her to remember your order from three days ago?"

"No, I remember," you said in a sweet voice, but your eyes were sending silent threats as you and Sasuke had a staring contest. Without even looking down, you scribbled, 'black coffee, smoked salmon bagel', then ripped the sheet off of the notepad. "Coming right up."

As you spun around to go and place his order, Sasuke smirked and watched you leave. He was slowly starting to realize why you were so hypnotizing.

¤¤¤

You had your doubts about Sasuke. You thought that maybe he was just having an off day, and that's the reason that he was so rude to you on Monday. But any doubt you had of him being the worst human being you had ever come across vanished in a matter of minutes. The speck on his cup, his dish being too cold, the 'uneven' spreading of the cream cheese on his bagel and so many other ridiculous excuses were made by him to force you into spending most of your shift catering to him. And once again, you found yourself thanking the lord when he finally got out of his chair, slipped on his suit jacket, paid the bill and left. You didn't bother calling after him to tell him to have a good day, since he had pretty much ruined yours.

Your shift was supposed to end thirty minutes ago, but since you hadn't finished waiting on him he kept you working past your hours. You'd already taken off your apron and gathered all of your belongings to bring home with you when you stopped at his table to see if he'd left a tip. Just like on Monday, he hadn't left a tip. But he did leave something else. His wallet.

Even when he wasn't in the café he made extra work for you to do. Before you could go home and relax, you would have to somehow track him down to return him his wallet.