Prologue

Hi my name is Alexa Kyle. Before I was adopted by Selina Kyle I was in a circus. It was called The Circus of Chaos. In The Circus of Chaos everyone acted crazy and that's why they loved us (I think). Anyway my story starts when I was an acrobat in the circus. I was in a group with my best friend, Ally Turrner.

"Alex come on! We're on in five!" my best friend Ally shouted and I the finishing touches of my makeup on. 

"Coming!" I shouted back. I walked at and she complemented me.

We were in the middle of our act. It was my turn to catch Ally. She swung off of her bar. She reached out to grab my hands. Her hands were super sweaty though. I tried to get a good enough grip but I couldn't. "ALEX!!!!!" she yelled. 

"ALLY!!!!" I yelled back. The bad thing about our act is that we perform without a net. I landed on the platform and hurried down the ladder. Once I was down I ran over to Ally's side. I felt her neck for a pulse but found none. I cried putting my head on her stomach. The closes person to family I had and now she was dead, and I blamed myself.

For two weeks I only talked to people if I had to. I blamed myself. I wouldn't perform. I refused to perform because Ally was gone. One night I climbed up a tree and just sat. 'You did this to her' a voice inside my head said 'You let her die' another said 'You deserve to die as well' they both said in unison. They were right. I did deserve to die. I felt inside my coat pocket for something sharp. Nothing. I heard some moving in a tree close to me. I jumped out of the tree I was in. 

"Who's there?" I asked my voice shaking slightly. Then a woman jumped down. The woman had midnight black hair and emerald green eyes. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. My name's Selina Kyle. And yours?" the woman asked "Alexa" I said. We talked for a bit until she asked me to see the ringmaster. About an hour later Ringmaster (that's what he likes to be called) comes out and tells me to pack my thing. I go into my room I used to share with Ally. I packed my things and took some of Ally's. I took a couple of my favorite pairs of Ally's clothes, a few pairs of shoes, some accessories, and Ally's favorite necklace. 

When I was finished packing I headed back to Ringmater's office. "Alex this young lady has decided to adopt you" he said motioning to Selina. He pulled me into a hug and reluctantly let go. "Promise you'll come to some of the shows?" he asked 

"Promise" I said and hugged him back. I left with Selina and she told me different things. The one thing that got my attention was when she said she was Catwoman. My mouth hung open in awe.

I've been living with Selina (who I now call mom) for about a year. She's been training me so that one day she'll take me out to face Batman and Robin as her sidekick, Kitty