Chapter 6- The new girl

It's been to days since our last mission. Right now Mom and Canary are having us spar. I'm sparing against Robin at the moment. I round- house kick him in his side and he falls. 

"Fail- Robin"  the computer voice said. I walked over to him and stuck my hand out. He took it and I pulled him up.

 "That was good, Kitty" Canary said.

 "Thanks" I said and smiled. Suddenly a bright light filled the room. Zatara entered with a girl around my age, I think, behind him. 

"Everyone this is my daughter Zatanna" Zatara said. The girl waved at us shyly. Robin practically ran off the training platform. 

"Hi, I'm Robin. That's Wally, Artemis. Kaldur, Conner, Megan, and-" he started.

 "Kitty" I finished.

 "I would like for you to give Zatanna a tour of the mountain" Zatara said.

We've been showing Zatana around for a bit now and for some reason I'm really angry. Every time I look at Robin he's staring and Zatanna. "I got to go" I said.

"Where?" Robin asked.

 "Out" I said. I heard someone follow me. 

"Hey girl slow down" Artemis called after me. I stopped. "So where are you going?" She asked once she caught up with me. I took off my sunglasses reviling all of my face. There is only two people who know both what I look like without my mask or sunglasses, and my I.D., and those two people are Artemis and Megan. I pulled out a flyer and showed it to her. The flyer was of a band I was in called The Cupids. I had to meet them so we could put on our show.

 "You can't tell anyone" I said. I went in my room and she followed. She sat on my bed while I went into the bathroom. I changed into this. "Never expect to see this again" I said she laughed. I grabbed my sunglasses and a jacket and went out as quickly as I could. I know what your thinking. What's up with the old time look? Well in the band we mostly sing (we as in me) older types of songs.

About half way threw the show I seen something rather someone that I was going to kill later. Artemis brought the entire Young Justice team plus- her

After the show I walked straight up to Artemis. "What are you doing here?!" I hissed. 

"I came to cheer you on" she said smirking.

 "I told you not to tell anyone" I said.

"I didn't tell them I suggested it to them" she said in a matter- of- fact way. 

"I really hate you sometimes" I said. 

"Whatever" she said back. When i got changed I headed back out to see Artemis and Megan waiting for me. 

"You were awesome, Alex!" Megan said giving me a hug. 

"Thanks" I said back smiling. Artemis and Megan are only aloud to call me Alex if no one on the team is around.

When we got back to the cave, and after Wally left we started discussing more plans for his birth day 'surprise' party. Great. Zatanna will be coming to. This is, like, no fair at all. It takes me over a week for everyone on the team to trust me, but it takes her, like, three hours. I hate life. I think I'm jealous of how Robin likes her so much. Every time I look over at him, he's staring at her. For some reason it feels like a part of has just been ripped out of me. This is weird.