Chapter 15- Facing fears

Alex's pov-
'In life God doesn't give you the people you want. Instead he gives you the people you need'. I kept repeating Dick's words over in my head. Did I need Robin? I couldn't stop thinking about Robin and Dick. There's no way. It couldn't be. No matter how alike they are, their not the same person. Or are they? No they can't be. But my gut is telling me differently.

I was woke up when I felt someone shaking my shoulder lightly. I opened my eyes to see Robin. I felt butterflies in my stomach. "Yes?" I asked sleepily yet sweetly. 

He laughed at that. "Batman wants us in the mission room. He said something about facing or fears" he said. I groaned. He chuckled. I got up and started walking towards the door. "Kitty wait" he said and grabbed my hand. I could feel my hand get heat up from where he was touching it. 

"Yes?" I managed to squeak out. 

"I-uh-I-um" he stuttered. "I've really enjoyed having you on the team. It's nice to know bad guys can go good" he said. "Thanks. I've enjoyed being on the team. It's nice to know people believe that I could be good" I said. He started to lean in. I did to. Right when our lips were milliliters apart Batman's voice came on through the intercom.

 "Robin and Kitty, we need you in the mission room. Now" he said. Robin sighed and pulled away. 

"So close" I heard him mummer.

So it turns out that the thing Batman wanted us to do was, he wanted to hook us up to some machine where we would go into a trance-like stage. Then we would see our worst fear and so could everyone else. Then we had to try and face our fear. It wasn't real though so Batman said it was fine if we couldn't face our fear. Everyone had gone but me. Artemis put a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay" she whispered. I nodded and laid down and the bed. Batman put the thing over my head.

 "Remember: it's not real. Just relax" he said. I relaxed and soon all I could see was black. 

"Well,well,well, what do we have here?" I heard someone say. No way it couldn't be. It just couldn't. 

"Mai?" I asked afraid of the answer.

 "Aw you still remember me! I feel so special!" she said. Mai was the girl that haunted my dreams when I was little. She was like me.............only a whole lot meaner. 

"There's no way your my greatest fear" I said.

 "Your right. I'm not. I'm just here to introduce you to your fears" she said with a smile. 

"What so you mean?" I asked (more like squeaked). 

"Your greatest fear is losing your team. Just like you lost your other friends" she said. Then I saw memories of some of my other friends dying right in front of my face. But in the end the real person's body, got changed into someone on the team. Then Ally's came. I closed my eyes. 

"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real" I kept saying to myself. 

"Oh but it is real. YOU Let All'y die. Just like you let everyone else die" Mai said. I opened my eyes slightly. I seen Robin's body where Ally's was. I burst into tears. Then I felt as Mai started to hit me and punch me.

"GET HER OUT OF THERE!!!" I heard Robin yell from the other side.

 "I'm trying! But she won't let go!" Batman yelled. Then everyone started yelling at me telling me that is wasn't real and I needed to let go.

"Well it looks like your friends have quite an affect on you. Until we meet again" Mai said. I sat strait up. I was sweating all over and my body was completely sore. I looked at my team. They all looked worried and had sympathetic looks on their faces, even Zatanna. I got up and ran all the way back to my room.

I looked in the mirror. Oh.My.God. I looked terrible. I had bruises and scratches and cuts all over my face. So it was real. What Mai did to me really did take an affect. I fell onto my bed and started crying. I felt someone rub my back. "It's okay Kitty" I heard Robin say soothingly. He pulled me into his arms. I started crying in his chest. "It's going to be okay" he said. Soon I fell asleep in his arms.