Chapter 13- The rescue

"Kitty. Kitty" I hear someone calling my name. I have a huge headache. I open my eyes but eminently regret it. I look down down see that Mocking Jay, Predator, and I are dangling from a rope, above a shark tank. Water is my worst fear. Not only because I'm a cat lover, but also I've watched as someone drowned before. It was terrible, he was trying to get out of a box full of water, but he just............couldn't. That was just one of the many accidents that happened at The Circus of Chaos. 

The man, I figured out his name is Matches, was on solid ground looking up at us. "Ladies, your just in time for their nightly feeding" he said then he motion to some girls, and we slowly started to descend 

"On the bright side, at least we don't have to hear Jay's singing anymore" I said.

 "Mmmmmmm" she mumbled as best she could (She was being gagged so she couldn't talk).

 "I love you to dear" I said smirking hiding how terrified I really was. Robin where are you? I thought. Suddenly we stopped descending with out feet barley above the water. 

"Don't worry it's Robin I'm after. I sent word out all over town that you three were going to be chick-flavored chum by the end of the night. He'll come to rescue you, I'll whack him, and boda boom- boda bing, I'll have complete control of Gotham" Matches said. Why does he want to kill Robin? Even if he does kill Robin he'll have Batman to deal with.........and me. 

"And, uh, what if Robin doesn't show up mister crazy Matches person?" Predator asked.

 Matches smirked "Well then I guess the sharks are gonna need some tooth picks" he said as he turned his back to us.

 "Lovely" I said. We dangled there like shark bait for a couple minutes. 

"Matches!" We heard what sounded like three boys yell. 

"Let them go!" I heard Robin yell. 

"Robin?" we all questioned, well Mocking Jay's turned out muffled. Then we seen a water whiplash type thing hit one o the guards "Aqualad?" we all questioned. The we saw Red Arrow come out hit another guy "Red Arrow?" we questioned. 

"Hey Kitty, can you reach my crossbow?" Predator asked.

 "Huh, give me something hard to do next time" I said. I lifted my foot up and pushed her crossbow into her hand. "Your crossbow won't do much to that crane" I said as she aimed it.

 "Then it's a good thing that's not what I'm aiming for" she said and pulled the trigger. First her arrow hit the window, then the crane, then the ceiling, then a pole, and finally came back and ripped Mocking jay's gag off her.

 "Nice shot. My turn" Mocking Jay said as she used her mentors signature move.......her Canary Call. It busted most of the glass but their was still enough water in there that it could drown one of use. The bad thing is that the water is right underneath me. The really bad thing is that I don't know how to swim. Somehow the crane started going again. 

Mocking Jay and Predator broke free of their ropes but mine was tied the tightest. I was about ready to go in the water. "KITTY!" I heard Robin yell. Then I closed my eyes and waited for the could water. Instead of water I felt like someone was giving me a side hug. Then I felt like I was flying threw the air. Then I felt a solid on my back. My arms were unbound so I held onto the person shirt tightly sinking my nails into the fabric. "Shhhh. It's okay Kitty. Your safe. You can let go now" I heard Robin coo in my ear, but I didn't let go. After a couple minutes I heard him sigh, and then he picked me up. 

"She looks like a lost kitten" I heard Red Arrow joke. 

I hissed at him and he shut up. "She's a cat remember? Cat's don't like water" Predator said.

Robin's pov-

As soon as I saw that Matches had Kitty I raced there as fast as I could. When I got there her, Predator, and Mocking jay were dangling by a rope that was right above a shark tank.

*time skip*

I saved Kitty from almost drowning. But even when we were on solid ground she wouldn't let go of my shirt. Finally I gave up. I sighed and picked her up. She eased a bit but was till very tense. 

"She looks like a lost kitten" Arrow teased. 

Kitty hissed and he went silent. "She a cat remember? Cat's don't like water" Predator said.

We got back to the cave. I went and tried to put Kitty in her bed but she still had her nails sinked into my shirt. "Come on Kitty, let go" I said trying to pry her fingers off. Man this girl was strong! Even when she was asleep she was strong. I gave up again. I picked Kitty up and walked to the lounge room. I placed Kitty on my chest and grabbed the remote. Soon I turned off the t.v. and got comfortable. I soon heard Kitty's soft breath as she was in a deep sleep. I smiled and fell asleep myself

Kitty's pov-

Even when Robin was trying to put me in bed I wouldn't let go. He must have thought I was sleeping. Finally he gave up and carried me off somewhere else. It must have been the lounge because he placed me on his chest then turned on the t.v. . Later he turned off the t.v. and got comfortable. Then I fell into a deep sleep