Chapter 7- The surprise

Finally the day of Wally's party. I feel really bad for Wally since I know what he wants as a birth day present for Megan. He wants her to kiss him. The bad thing about that is that Megan and Conner are dating now, and Wally's the only one who doesn't know. We were finishing the decorations for the party. I was trying to get the last banner up that said 'HAPPY BIRTH DAY WALLY!!!' on it, but I was to short. "Robin can you come here?" I holler. A few minutes later and he still hasn't come. "Robin" I holler again. 

I look behind me to see him and Zatanna talking. "Artemis I need you help!" I holler for Artemis. Within seconds she's by my side.

 "What can I help ya with?" she asks.

"Cup your hands. I'm to short so I need a boost" I say. She bends down and cups her hands. I put my foot in her hands and she raises me up. I pin the banner up and out of the corner of my eye I still see Robin talking to Zatanna. "Okay you can put me down" I say to Artemis. 

She puts me down. "What's wrong, Kitty? Are you sick? Your face is all red" she asks.

 "I'm fine" I say. I walk by Robin and mumble "Thanks for nothing" and walk over to the couch to hide since Wally will be here any minute. 

"Okay everyone hide and turn off the lights" Aqualad says. A few minutes after we're all hid we hear Wally. 

"It would be a tragedy I'd I missed my own-" he starts but right as he comes threw the door we jump out and yell, "SURPRISE". "Ah guys you shouldn't have!" Wally says trying to sound surprised.

 "Right, not like you've been hinting for days or anything" Robin says. Once we settle down Megan and I bring out the cakes and cupcakes. 

"We made to cakes" I say as I set a cake down. 

"Awesome. What'll you guys eat?" Wally asks.

 "We'll split the cupcakes" I start. 

"Make a wish" Megan finishes.

 "Way ahead of ya" Wally says as he blows out his candles. Everyone gets a slice of cake but me and Zatanna. 

I'm sitting on the counter with Artemis at my side. "Ya know if I tell you my wish it won't come true, but if you guess....." Wally says as Megan hands him a piece of cake "Nope, guess again" Wally says. 

I look over at Artemis and see her scowling. "You so like him" I tease her nudging her side.

"I do not!" she says glaring at me. Megan kisses the top of Wally's head.

 "Happy birth day" she says.

I look over at Artemis again, and see she has a satisfied smirk on her face. I look over at Robin and see him handing her piece of cake. It made my blood boil. I know it was wrong but I just had to listen to their conversation. 

"You settling in here okay?" he asks. She takes the cake from him.

"Yeah, just like home" she says sarcastically. What's this girl's problem?! He was just trying to be nice! I yell in my head. 

"I know this is all very new and intimidating, but I promise you someday you'll get used to watching Wally eat. Take Kitty for example, yes it took us awhile to trust here, but know I would put my life in her hands. That's how much I and this team trust you" Robin said.

"Think we should tell him?" Artemis asks from beside me. I look over at Wally.

"You're getting warmer babe, but I can make you warmer still" Wally says looking up at Megan. I turn back to Artemis.

"He is the only one who doesn't know" I say back. 

"Then please allow me" she says and walks over to Wally. She puts a hand on his shoulder and starts telling him something. 

"Ah man!" I hear Wally complain. I stare down at my lap. The I see a piece of cake in front of my face. I look over and see Robin. 

"Hey. Mind if I join you?" he asks. I take the piece of cake and mumble 'thank you'. "Kitty ever since Zatanna got here you've been acting different. Is everything okay?" he asks.

"Why do you care?" I mumble.

 "Because you part of the team, and your my friend" he says. 

"Every things just peachy" I say taking a bite of the cake. 

"Kitty, now I know somethings up. Tell me" he says.

 "Fine you want to know so bad? It's not fare" I say taking another bite.

 "What's not fare?" he asks.

"That it took me over a week to get everyone to trust me, and yet everyone trusts her within an hour!" I practically yell. Robin stares at me in awe. I hop off the counter and go over to sit by Artemis. 

"Hey when's you birth day?" she asks.

 "Next week on Friday" I say emotionless. My birthday is that big of a deal anymore. The only one I celebrate with is Mom. 

"Well what do you want for your birth day?" she asks looking at me.

 "I'll tell you what I don't want. I don't want a surprise party. And I'm not trying to give you hints that I really do want one. I don't want a surprise party, okay?" I ask. 

She nods. 

"Okay I'm going to bed. See you in the morning. Night" I say. 

"Night" she says back. 

I walk over to Wally. I kiss his on the cheek "Happy birth day Wally. Good night" I say.

 "Night" He says still looking depressed about finding out about Megan and Conner. I really did feel pretty bad for him. Finally I figured it out. Jealousy. I was jealous that Robin like Zatanna more than me. I'll tell Artemis about it in the morning. I got into bed and curled up in a ball and fell into a deep dreamless sleep.