Chapter 21- Hospital bed

Selina's pov-

As soon as Batman told me Alex was in the hospital, I changed into normal clothes and ran all the way there. 

"I'm here to see Alexa Kyle! She's my daughter!" I said in a panicky voice to the lady at the front desk. 

"Of course Ms.Kyle. Right this way" she said taking me to a room. I entered and saw my precious Alexa laying on a hospital bed with a gown on. I started crying as I went over to her side. She had cuts and bruises all over her arms and a bunch of gauze wrapped around her head. She looked awful! 

"Ms. Selina Kyle?" the doctor asked. 

"Yes that's me!" I said "What's wrong with her?!" I asked. 

"She doesn't have any broken bones or something like that but she does have what we call 'Selective Amnesia'. Its where Alexa will be able to remember some things , like childhood memories, but she won't be able to remember the more recent events, I'm guessing in between five to seven months" the doctor explained. So she probably wouldn't remember the team.

Dick's pov-

We changed Alex into normal clothes as fast as we could (so no one would know she was really Kitty) and raced to the hospital. Later Selina came in and told us that Alex had 'Selective Amnesia'. We don't know if she'll remember us. And that scares me. It scares me to death.

Alex's pov-

I woke up with a huge migraine. "Alex!" Mom said enveloping me in her arms. "Your okay! Wait til Dick hears your okay!" mom said. 

Wait-

 "Who's Dick?" I ask. 

Seriously. 

Who's Dick? And why does he care if I'm alright? Why am I even in the hospital? "Sweetie, what all do you remember?" mom asked. 

"Um................I remember the Circus of Chaos..................Ally..........................You adopting me......................And me becoming Kitty" I say. After that it's all black. Like there's a hole in my memory.

 "Ms. Kyle. I'm going to have to ask you to leave so we can take so x-rays" the doctor said.

 Mom nodded and kissed my head. The she left.

Dick's pov-

Finally Selina came out. "How is she?!" I asked standing up.

 "She doesn't remember any of you. All she remembers is her home before I adopted her, her old best friend, when I adopted her, and her becoming Kitty. She said everything else is like a black hole in her memory" Selina said sadly. 

No. 

No!

NO!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried into my hands.

In the end Selina said Alex is still going to be Kitty. She's just going to be a criminal. So at least we'll still get to see her. The doctor also said that there is a chance Alex will end up remembering her lost memories. Let's hope that's true. I couldn't fall asleep that night. I tried and tried but I just couldn't. Please remember us Alex. Please remember me.

Alex's pov-

The next day I got released from the hospital. Mom said I'm still going to be Kitty, I just need to heal some more. That night I couldn't go to sleep. I tries and tried but I kept on hearing voices in my head. What's going on? Oh well. Let's just hope it goes away. Finally I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.