5- The Girlfriend

It's been a few months since I met Adam. It was now February and I hate this month. Volley ball is over and we won all games except 2 which Maggie was an emotional wreck at. My cast was off and I was very happy to have a cast free arm.

Today was February 13th and tomorrow was Valentines day. I hated that day. I sighed looking in the mirror and my black yoga pants and blue volley ball t-shirt. I slipped on my black vans, grabbing everything I needed and walked out the door.

(Just pretend that february 13th isn't a saturday. It's a thursday.)

I was getting out of the car when a girly scream was heard. I turned to see a bunch of girls jumping around with another I didn't recognize.

"Molly I can't believe your back!!" One blonde gushed. 

"Shh. I haven't told Adam yet. I want to surprise him." I heard her say. "There he is. I'll wait till he passes by."

I furrowed my brows and shut my car down and went to walk in the school when I ran into Adam. This time it was just a bump.

"Hey Avery." He said with a grin.

"Hey Adam." I said, giving a small smile.

"Okay I have to show you something, come on." He said grabbing my hand and running with me being dragged along.

"Adam!" I heard a girl yell behind me. 

I turned to see the light brown haired girl talking about Adam earlier. She was very pretty too. Adam halted and turned to see Molly. He dropped my hand and ran to her yelling, "Molly!"

He grabbed her and twirled her around in his arms before bringing her down to the ground for a kiss. My eyes widened. What? Did I miss something?

Adam turned to me after the kiss and widened his eyes. "Oh shit. Avery I never told you about Molly. Well Avery this is Molly, my girlfriend and Molly this is Avery, my newly countered friend and on the way to be best friend." He said smiling. He pulled Molly over to me and she gave me a smirk.

What?

"Hi. It's nice to meet you. Although he never talked about you, what I just seen is serious love. You guys are so cute together." I gushed breaking my shy exterior. Thanks to Adam, I was more confident.

I could see hostility in her eyes and didn't know why at first, but after I said that her eyes softened and she gave me a wide grin.

She laughed and nodded. "Thanks for that Avery." 

"Okay so..."

Today turned out to be a better day. Adam was becoming my best friend and he made me happy.

::::::::::::::::::

Today I wore sweats and a black v-neck with the same vans. On the way to school, I didn't listen to any music. 

I had a feeling, nobody could change my mood. So today I got out of my car and was met with Adam and Molly. 

"Hey Av." They greeted. 

I just gave them a tight lipped smile and they frowned. Adam was about to say something when my phone rang. 

I lifted it to my eyes and seen it was Tara. 

"Hey Tar."

"Avy are you okay?" She asked in a sad voice. 

I looked away trying not to cry and answered. "....No...No I'm not." I answered honestly.

"Are you at school?"

"Yeah. I can't miss out on school for this, it was years ago."

"Avery they were your parents. It's okay to be sad. Today is the day you lost them. You don't have to be strong today."

I sighed, "Yes Tara I know I need to get over it. I can't miss school every year on this day because of it."

"Avery they were your parents," She repeated, "It's something you can't get over..."

"Whatever Tara. I gotta go." I said before hanging up. 

Adam and Molly looked confused. But I saw in their eyes they knew I lost someone close to me. Deeper down I saw the rising pity and I didn't want to see it anymore.

I got back in my car and drove off with Molly and Adam in my review mirror. While I was driving, I got a call from my aunt.

I pulled over, not trusting myself and answered it. "Avery why aren't you at school?"

"I'm sorry Aunt Charlie but Tara called and talked to me about it and then Adam and Molly, who are my friends, were looking at me like they knew I lost someone close to me and I couldn't handle it anymore so I left."

She sighed, "Oh Avery...."

"Just don't make me go back..."

"I won't Avery. I wont.....You know, your mother loved you from the time she first found out. You were probably the size of a pea when she rubbed her belly and talked to you, telling you she loved you so much. She already had your name picked out," She laughed.

I gave a slight smile with tears in my eyes.

"She was so ecstatic to be a mother and your father was so happy. They loved you so much baby. The first time I saw your dad cry was when he saw you when you were born. They never wanted to leave you."

By now the tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. "I know Aunt Charlie, I just wish they were still here."

"Me too Avery, me too." 

:::::::::::::::::::::::

It's a little on the shorter side.

Oh my god. I'm sorry I thought I published this earlier but I was gonna go back to get the word count. Oh my god I never did I'm so sorry it would have been published like 2 hours ago.

964 words

Total word count- 5,584